Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card Going Bad?

When playing BF4 (Test Range and Online)I get this error message:
    DirectX function "device->CreateTexture 2D( &texDesc,desc.subResourceCount != 0 ? reinterpret_cast< const D3D11_SUBRESOURCE_DATA*>(desc.subResourceData) " 0,&texture->m_texture2d)" failed with E_OUTOFMEMORY ("Direct3D could not allocate sufficient memory to complete the call."). GPU:"NVIDIA GeForce GTX970", Driver: 34416. Free virtual memory: 4291089928kB /4294967168kB. Total resource memory: 0kB. Make sure you have a supported graphics card with at least 512 MB.
    I've also had a crashing issue with the new Star Citizen game, when it ran fine previously with my old card.

Does this mean my video card memory is bad already? Or is it a problem with drivers? I can't go backwards in drivers because the card is so new that there is nothing to go back to that will allow Windows to recognize my card. I've also tried reinstalling my drivers over again, to no avail. Either way, I really hope it is drivers, I really don't want my card to be DOA.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: Video Card Going Bad?

Hmm...I may have actually figured it out, I got it to work on BF4 for the last tens minutes of a round. I have to play it some more to test it.

But if anybody out there knows of a good GPU memory tester out there, can you hit me up?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

[MENTION=13034]Acreo Aeneas[/MENTION]

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

The "gods" are angry that you sold your 580.
        Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

That's just badly written drivers. Basically the error message is stating that the DirectX subsystem wasn't able to get the graphics card to allocate enough memory to do stuff (like load a bunch of intense scenes for a game).
          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
          TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
          Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
          Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X