Need some advice on iPads

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice on iPads

I am going to be starting a new job soon in sales. I will be a contract employee so technically self employed. This means I need to supply my own gear, which I don't mind. The company has gone paperless and uses the iPad instead.

I have little experience with apple products so the question is, what would be a good version to get? It was suggested that getting the newest version was unnecessary. I haven't decided on a budget yet as I'm hoping to grab something on sale this weekend.
    sigpic

Re: Need some advice on iPads

It has to be an iPad (i.e., it's an iOS app, and not web based)?
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Yeah. Has to be iPad. Really wish I didn't have to spend this before the holidays.
      sigpic

Comment

Unfortunately I know very little about Apple gear. I'm much more of an Android guy myself.
        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

If you want to save money, I'd buy the last years models to start with. They are capable or running the latest iOS without much lag and its not stupid expensive.

As for which particular model to choose from, that would depend on your requirements of screen size, overall size. Believe it or not, I actually dislike the full size iPad to lug around.
          Unless I'm at home using it as a browser or to stream movies into. I found that for the full sized iPad, I'd much rather carry the Macbook Air. Just more things you can do with it. But I'm getting off track.

I'd find out which applications the company requires you to have and you can tick off the requirements of each apps.
          You can check by going to iTunes and find the application and read the developers minimum model/iOS requirements.

Hope this helped

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

sure, always buy the last model... but if it's a new job and you plan on doing it for a while... maybe you should buy the newest model, more money but your "protected" for at least 5 years... imo... and as much as I hate Apple as a company, I absolutely love my iPAD... I get a lot of use out of it at work, watching TV shows, movies, net flicks and some pretty awesome games. So, if I could go to another company, the windows phone for example I would but then I'd lose 1000 songs, 100 plus movies, TV series all bought on Apple... if you start with a company, your kinda stuck with them.
            Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

You could just get away with buying a iPad Mini (not the Retina one). You'd still be able to run any iPad-oriented iOS app, be able to get iOS 8, and still save a nice bucket of cash. Plus it's only 8 inches and is small enough to fit into most bags (or a large coat pocket).
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Appreciate the feedback guys.

I'm thinking I'm going to be looking for full size as portability is not a concern, I have my nexus 7 for that. And I'm leaning towards the iPad Air (last years model) the specs on it seem pretty good still and there is the cost savings.
                sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X