internet speed Q. my PC vs Console...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• internet speed Q. my PC vs Console...

Call me stupid but what slows down a connection to my internet via the XB1... isn't it just a PC after all?

I run a test on my PC and get 60 mb down, 12 up...wired.

Run the same test on my WIRED XB1 connected to the same router, same location, next to my PC and only get 12 down, 8 up... what the hell would cause that? and is there a way to improve it?

thx
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: internet speed Q. my PC vs Console...

I know this sounds incredibly stupid, but the tech support in me needs to ask.

Have you tried different ports on the router for each set up? Also did you try swapping the cords?
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

yep... same results, PC is always around 60/12 while XB1 is always around 12/8.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Just did some googling on your issue. People are theorizing that Microsoft might've capped off the XB1 internet connection rates to ease stress on the server. A lot of other people with high speed connections (beyond 12mbps) are noticing this. It might be a hardware or firmware thing.
        |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X