hot laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hot laptop

hello all, basically my laptop gets ridiculously hot doing the simplest of things like browsing the internet.

i've tried the classic cleaning if the fan but its still running hot even on idle.

any thoughts?

Re: hot laptop

Model and specifications?

Likely what you are seeing is a degradation of the cooling systems installed in the laptop. Also over time the various components in the sytem become less efficient and produce more heat as a result furthering the issue. Your best bet is to reapply the thermal paste/pad on the various contact points inside. Are you certain that when it is idling that it is in fact idling and not doing something that you are unaware of?
    |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

its a gateway nv57h19h (bought it in canada)

i had a look at the performance monitor and there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary running during idle. I did have google drive running a while back which was when i noticed the increased heat in my laptop. I saw increased processor activity so i uninstalled it and now just stick to the web app for my drive stuff.

when i took apart my laptop i did want to check the thermal paste, but i didn't feel comfortable removing the motherboard

Comment

oh, it is a gateway...

did you properly blow it clean?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I read the thread title and thought someone was trying to unload something that "fell off a truck in Jersey." lol
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I cannot find any documentation on your model.
            |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Had an old Thinkpad that did that some years ago. Tried everything. Finally, someone suggested a "rebuild" of the system, and we're talking a "cntl-alt-Del" full format of the HD from the ground up no OS or anything of any kind on the memory AT ALL (reason - Windows leaves a lot of "artifact" in the registry when doing a simple "reinstall").

Reasoning - back in the old DOS days they were called "TSR Programs" (terminate stay resident) to make them fire up faster. Seems every program these days is guilty of that. Amazing how much "headroom" of OS "management" is going on when there is nothing (NOTHING) running on the system after installing (and deleting) a bunch of stuff over time.

Back on topic. Rebuilt the system from the ground up. Didn't install all the "crap" I had on it from before. Like magic, ran much better, cooler, faster, and gave me another 1.5 years of simpler task life out of it.

My two cents.

Solo

Comment

[MENTION=20363]Namebot[/MENTION] this is the laptop i have Gateway Laptops NV57H19H (15.6") from Clef de Sol
                attached the DXDiag if you find that helpful

DxDiag.txt

[MENTION=60782]MadSoloSniper[/MENTION] i might try that if nothing else works.

[MENTION=33568]Randy_Shughart_ClwFL[/MENTION] no laptops for sale on the cheap but i do have a bedroom full of nike air jordans and oakley sunglasses that i acquired from a friend of a friend of a friends uncle

Comment

Originally posted by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL View Post
                  I read the thread title and thought someone was trying to unload something that "fell off a truck in Jersey." lol
                  I thought I was gonna see a laptop in a bikini.
                  OPS, the bacon is on you.

Comment

Best I could do on short notice. . . . bikini WITH a laptop . . . .close enough in my book . . . . :-)

Comment

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

No offense Siege, but I like Solo's better. :D
                        "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Ya, a nice bikini and a working computer is nice.

Comment

I love how this thread has gone soooooo far off topic . . . sorry guys (well, not really). . . . lol

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X