Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suppose I buy a CPU with no graphics integrated and have to wipe or reinstall windows

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppose I buy a CPU with no graphics integrated and have to wipe or reinstall windows

I'm considering buying the E3 1230 to replace my CPU. You know how sometimes when you need to reinstall windows that the video card isn't usable until you reinstall it's driver?

Well what happens when your CPU doesn't have its backup integrate graphics? Do mobos have them? I don't want to be in a situation where I'm reinstalling windows and I can't see anything because there is no backup graphics card to display anything.
    [TP]Cavazos
    www.tigersplatoon.com

Re: Suppose I buy a CPU with no graphics integrated and have to wipe or reinstall win

you'll be fine, windows has a basic display driver that works well enough to display windows until you can install the correct driver.

integrated graphics in CPUs is relatively new

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Re: Suppose I buy a CPU with no graphics integrated and have to wipe or reinstall win

It totally depends on the board. Some boards rely on dedicated IGPs and others on IGPs that rely on you having the proper CPU with a IGP processor on board. The first case has a GPU on board. The second case the GPU is on board the CPU. So if you fall into the second case, then you'll need a dedicated card otherwise you won't get any video output.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X