Mouse issues, please advise...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mouse issues, please advise...

This is a wierd one for me, I've had a razor usb mouse for years and loved it, then last August or so it started acting up, moving real slow, hard to direct it on a click, and if you don't touch it you can see it move slightly... So I thought, ok it's old, so I went out and bought the same exact one because I loved it... Plugged in, same damn thing... Checked the sub settings, the device manager, and even moved it to different USB ports... Same thing.

Such a pain, pretty much the man reason I've stopped PC gaming, my favorite, SB Pro PE is unplayable due to issue, can't track targets smoothly, btw this is in windows and in games.

So anyway the new year came and I did my every 2 years format and install of windows 7' bought a new awesome, "last mouse ever needed", usb, that's getting rave reviews in the PC gaming world. It installed, no driver needed is advertised... It worked awesome for over 2 months, truly is/ was best mouse ever... But then last week it just stopped working, disappeared, would move it to a new USB port, would windows install, work for 10 mins then disappear, repeat.

So then I got my trusty razer mouse out of the closet... Installed and started using that... Same damn thing as before the format, slow and jerky.

Guess the next step is another mouse... Unless... Someone knows what the hell is going on here, and how to fix it... THANKS.
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Mouse issues, please advise...

Quick question, do you have any other peripherals attached? I had my X52 pro before that had the mouse lever on it, and for some reason it would slowly drift the mouse across the screen at times and not even touching it. Some times it would fly off the screen as well. Of course it had this problem too. I used that video to show Amazon about my problem and got my money back that way(Then upgraded to the X55 XD). I digress though, what I am trying to say is that after removing the peripheral I no longer had the trouble.

If that is not the problem, the only other thing I could think of is that maybe the surface that you are putting the mouse on is not ideal. Are you using a mousepad and what condition is it in?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

No others, except my usb keyboard... All 3 used on a clean desktop, no mouse pad used.
      Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Comment

Technically you should be using a mousepad made specifically for the sensor you are using, whether it is optical, laser etc etc. Now these are going to seem like dumb questions/steps, but it's the first ones I usually check for when the stuff hits the fan.
        • The mousepad. Really, this can make a difference and I really think this is your issue, but I could be wrong. But I've had situations where if I left a mouse on a desktop it would move on it's own, but the second I put it on a mousepad it was fine.
        • All drivers not just USB, though Windows update is now usually good at catching this; I would download mouse drivers directly from the website for your mouse vendor JIC.
        • Same with the soft/firmware for the mouse. My Logitech mouse has software that's not part of the drivers to set it up and stuff.
        • If your motherboard has both USB 2.x and 3.x, try switching between the two. I know you said that switched ports around, but you didn't say what kind so I am just kinda covering my bases here.
        • Update your BIOS(BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO BRICK YOUR MOTHERBOARD, THIS ONE IS LAST RESORT!!!)
        • Contact the mouse manufacturers customer support. They can actually be helpful, especially if you can contact them through email and they actually respond. I find it easier than telephone or chat program cause it gives me time to fiddle with settings and stuff.

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
        [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
        [support]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse