Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gaming mouse?

well:

yesterday i was out making some comp usa purchases for the office and decided to buy myself some toys. one of them was a new sexy wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse elite (standard, i can't deal with natural style). i was especially attracted to the wireless mouse in the package, but i guess i should have known better.

first, the side-to-side tilt feature on the m-wheel will ONLY act in side scrolling capacity; there's no way to map the horizontal tilting to some useful gaming fuction (like keystrokes).

second, it was pretty tough on the hand. the middle mouse button was hard to depress and the wheel was overly sensitve, i found myself switching out of my weapon when all i wanted to do was aim down the sights (never a problem with my old mouse).

Basically my older, cheaper, lighter microsoft 5 button wired optical is so totally more suited for gaming than the wireless one that came in the suite.

the question then is are any of you happy with your wireless mouse when it comes to FPS? every wireless i've tried so far has left me unsatisfied. they've all felt kind of heavy and unresponsive. i always go back to my old loyal cheapo wired guy. anything out there you guys would recommend?

-thanks

Re: gaming mouse?

My trusty logitech optical mouse will probably never leave my desk until it's light fades to black. In which case i will buy the exact same one again.

- -

Comment

I've never liked wireless mice for gaming. I'm a Razer fan-boy so I've got to give a big thumbs up to the Razer Diamondback I have.

Comment

i use a wired logtech mx518, simply awsome mouse, on the fly dpi change, so up close with the shotty ive got lighting reaction and at range with the side arm ive got some precise aiming, helps a ton moving the heavy ass tank head fully 360 in less then a 5 cm distance, as for a wireless ive never found a decent gaming one, not to say their arnt any, just depends how much you really need it

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

I use the Razer Diamongback. Best mouse I ever used.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago. On the recommendations of a few people I picked up the logitech mx1000.

Very smooth and precise, overcoming the normal optical problem of not sensing small movements. Decent amount of buttons for a wireless as well, although not as many as other mice. Really I only use the two on the side (for weapon fire change and reload).

Can understand that it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I am pleased with it.

Comment

I spent the extra couple bucks on a Razer Viper and could not be more pleased with the precision that is with that line. Personal preference I guess..
              "The chief foundations of all states, new as well as old or composite, are good laws and good arms; and as there cannot be good laws where the state is not well armed, it follows that where they are well armed they have good laws." -Machiavelli

Comment

hey guys:

thanks for all the feed back, and now, more questions!

for you diamondback users, do you find that the side buttons are very useable? based on your suggestions i've read some reviews, and most said that in practice the side (thumb /pinky) buttons were too awkward to reach or difficult to depress easily.

for the logitech users out there, how heavy do your mouses feel? the ergo look, it looks, clunky, i guess. that's the first thing i thought when i used the itellimouse explore 2 that came with the suite. it felt too heavy to move around accurately.

i know a lot of this has to do with personal tastes, but your imput is pointing me in the right direction i think

thanks again!

Comment

I would also like to know where you think the best place to purchase these is at? I find it difficult to locate these mice at the big places. I would really like to try one out before I buy.
                  "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                  [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

As far as the Razer Diamondback, you do have to get used to the new feel of the mouse but I use the side buttons with no problem, in fact one is set as my reload button so I use it quite often.

The Diamondback started out in gaming stores like EB but I believe it's also available at stores like Best Buy now. I haven't seen one out of the box as a sample like other mice but at least with Best Buy and the likes you would have a return policy covering you in case you don't like the feel.

Comment

I feel your pain when you can't remap useless controls. I have one of these Microsft Digital Media Pro keyboards with a handy slider for zooming. Zooming? How often are you doing something and think "Man, this would be so much better if I could zoom in"?

Back button too small? Zoom it.
                      Can't read the system clock? Zoom it.
                      800x600 got ya down? Zoom it.

For the perfect summury of the zooming slider, I defer to the great Monty Python: "It is a silly thing."

But hey, I thought, what a great way to read web pages! I can just remap the control to the up-down arrows on the keyboard and presto. So, I purchase it and take it home. Turns out, the zoom control can't be remapped. :icon18:

Moving on, I use the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer Wireless, but this is an earlier version without the tilt-wheel. It does everything I need just super-duper. The wheel isn't over-sensitive, but doesn't resist being turned either. Also, the form of the mouse is much more comfortable than other mice that i've used; it has a higher mid-point and steeper sloping away at the edges, to more accurately fit into the natural curvature of the hand.

It's a great mouse, and I recommend it. Oh yeah, I totally agree on the natural vs. standard keyboard layout thing. I've never gotten used to the natural layouts.

Dice.

[drill][medic][conduct][tg-c1][tpf-c1]
                      [ma-c2][taw-c1]

Principles of good Sandbox Etiquette:
                      Assume good faith - Be polite, please! - Work toward agreement. - Argue facts, not personalities. - Concede a point when you have no response to it, or admit when you disagree based on intuition or taste. - Be civil. - Be prepared to apologize. In animated discussions, we often say things we later wish we hadn't. Say so. - Forgive and forget. - Recognize your own biases and keep them in check. - Give praise when due.

Treat others as you would have them treat you

Comment

logitech mx(somehting) should be good

Comment

I use a logitech mx510 and this software to make a separate profile for BF2.

http://www.logigamer.com/

Comment

I use an mx518. It doesn't feel heavy at all to me, but I was used to usijng the bigger logitech ergo mice before that. I like the way it fits my hand more than the smaller razor mice. Can't go wrong with the mx510/518, mx1000 from logitech or the razor line mice, imo. Try to find some place to try them and pick whichever you like best.
                            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Originally posted by onixxxxxxxx-barn
                              well:

yesterday i was out making some comp usa purchases for the office and decided to buy myself some toys. one of them was a new sexy wireless microsoft keyboard and mouse elite (standard, i can't deal with natural style). i was especially attracted to the wireless mouse in the package, but i guess i should have known better.

first, the side-to-side tilt feature on the m-wheel will ONLY act in side scrolling capacity; there's no way to map the horizontal tilting to some useful gaming fuction (like keystrokes).

second, it was pretty tough on the hand. the middle mouse button was hard to depress and the wheel was overly sensitve, i found myself switching out of my weapon when all i wanted to do was aim down the sights (never a problem with my old mouse).

Basically my older, cheaper, lighter microsoft 5 button wired optical is so totally more suited for gaming than the wireless one that came in the suite.

the question then is are any of you happy with your wireless mouse when it comes to FPS? every wireless i've tried so far has left me unsatisfied. they've all felt kind of heavy and unresponsive. i always go back to my old loyal cheapo wired guy. anything out there you guys would recommend?

-thanks
                              i use the one you were looking for..the microsoft combo..but i use the pro..not the elite (which is the split keyboard, and i love it)...but has the same mouse. works like a champ for me and has now for some time.
                              |TG|JackMac4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X