AM3 + users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AM3 + users

Hey, would the AM3+ socket users raise their hands and state what CPU they are using?

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Re: AM3 + users

I'm technically not on AM3+, however, I am using a FM2 chip in another rig and have a FM2+ mobo with it.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

I'm looking for those who have an AM3+ to speak up.

I have a few questions

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Maybe easier to simply ask the question :)

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I'm running a Gigabyte 970A-D3 AM3+ motherboard with an AMD FX-8350 8 core processor @ 4 GHz.

sigpic

Comment

Sabertooth 990FX r2.0 motherboard with the same chip as Mindkill, AMD FX-8350 @ 4GHz.

The board is set-up with 32 gb of 1600 memory.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Currently I am running 2 game systems, one with windows 7 home the other with pro (64bit)

Socket set AM3+

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
              System Model: GA-78LMT-USB3
              BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
              Processor: AMD FX(tm)-4130 Quad-Core Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
              Memory: 16384MB RAM

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

[MENTION=14750]vts[/MENTION]

what kind of performance are you getting and what games do you play?

I should have said this earlier, but I am wondering how performance is on the 4xxx and 6xxx series FX chips. If the owners of those chips might speak up, it would be appreciated.
                Last edited by BeSiege82; 04-05-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                  [MENTION=14750]vts[/MENTION]

what kind of performance are you getting and what games do you play?
                  I play Planetside 2 and H1Z1 on ultra settings with both systems without many issues.

When I ran 32bit windows vista the game would crash as it started to use 2 - 3gb of ram, so I Installed windows 7 64bit on both, home on one pro on the other

Windows 7 home had issues with many games when the memory usage was near 4gb making it lag, 'rubber band'

I have not had this issue with Windows 7 Pro

I have not had time to diagnose why the home version had issues.

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

Hmmm... How is PS2 on AMD cpu's now?

Comment

Current setup, no issues

(6..~)Z Z z z....

Comment

I'm running an AM3+ socket as well on my secondary setup, it has a Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 and a FX-9590 overclocked to 5.2ghz. Most games seem to run fine on the 8350 and above (excluding unstable CPUs) but the 4000 and 6000 series of the FX line are not that great for gaming. My recommendation for you is getting a higher end 6000 series CPU, reasons below.

I'm going to go ahead and rule out the 4000 series CPUs first off due to the fact there is like a 67% difference between the 4000 series and the 8350 (the most stable and recommend for games FX CPU, going to compare the CPUs to this) in single core performance, so gaming on a 4000 series CPU is going to be extremely disappointingish (this is for current games such as Planetside 2 or Battlefield 4, for newer games, such as GTA V, it won't work at reasonable FPS at all). Stay away from these CPUs, they should be out of the question for gaming.

FX-6000 series CPUs are okayish for current games like Battlefield 4 on medium, give or take 40ish FPS with a decent video card, but they are not great. If you can go for a higher end 6000 series CPU, don't stop go for it. But I can't really give you an opinion on this series due to the fact that I completely skipped out on using this series. I have personally only used the 6300 and it is ok for current generation games but it will struggle with the newer games a lot, just because its lower end CPU.

In my opinion you should ditch both the 6000 series CPUs and go for the 8350, even if your current budget doesn't allow it. Just wait and save up until you can afford it and then go and buy it, it is well worth the extra price and the time you spent saving up for it. It's a great overclocker so it will also work for more newer generation games, but all in all it's up to you - good luck :).
                        sigpic

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda

Comment

my current chip is an FX-8370

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                            my current chip is an FX-8370
                            Even better then, my bad I didn't know - ignore what I said before.
                            sigpic

Do or do not, there is no try. -Yoda

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...