No announcement yet.

Corsair Vengeance 2100 Wireless Headset (Refurb) for $58.49, shipped

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Corsair Vengeance 2100 Wireless Headset (Refurb) for $58.49, shipped

I've been looking at headsets for a while. I had bought some Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 or something off some kid off Craigslist for $10 just to get me by when I built my new rig recently.

Last couple threads on headsets seemed to come down to (basically) "buy some good cans and attach a ModMic." Which I probably will do, eventually. But I was also intrigued by the idea of a wireless headset. And at that time, I did some research and the 2100s seemed pretty decent (as compared to other "gaming" headsets within that price range).

So today, I receive this Corsair promotional email, follow the link, and find these. I'll probably pick up a set, not sure how long this sale lasts, but I thought I would let others know as well as it seems like a pretty good deal (normally these are close to $100).

I began the check out process, put in my zip code and I think shipping is free, but I haven't checked out all the way yet in order to verify that.

So, here is the link, direct to Corsair site:

VengeanceĀ® 2100 Dolby 7.1 Wireless Gaming Headset (Refurbished)
    Last edited by Randy_Shughart_ClwFL; 04-20-2015, 01:54 PM. Reason: note wireless in title
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Re: Corsair Vengeance 2100 Wireless Headset (Refurb) for $58.49, shipped

Alright, just ordered. Shipping was free (for 3-5 day shipping), but they did charge me sales tax (must have a presence in Florida?) which was $4.09, for a total of $62.58. Still a pretty good deal, IMO.

Will report back on quality, earwax levels, shipping speed, etc. when received.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Hmm, looking further down this page (Corsair Outlet), even more deals, such as:

M-65 (mouse I use, can recommend) refurb for $29.99 (I paid $50 or 60 new)
      Vengeance 1500 wired headset (refurb) for $41.99
      and many more, incl. cases and power supplies

Alright, back to work for me! :)

Comment

i love my m-65 =)

Comment

Yeah man, me too! :) It's a good sturdy mouse, without too many LEDs, front spoiler, etc...

Comment

I love my Corsair wireless headset. The battery last a real long time. Or long enough that when it starts beeping it's time to turn the computer off.
            doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

I've also switched to this model although I rarely run them wireless and they have performed well now for over a year and a half.
              Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Good luck...My only concern, if it were my purchase, would be the fact they are refurbished. Headsets take a beating as it is and being the second owner would make me wary of the purchase. Yes they will change the mic out and the ear pads but ....I've bought other refurbished gear before (evga gtx 280) which performed well and would do so again. I'm not sure I would do it with a headset though. More than likely it's not going to be an issue though and I hope they work out good for you.....

So...how does it feel to have a super blazing fast machine now? Bet your are psyched.
                sigpic
                |TG-1st|Grunt
                ARMA Admin (retired)
                Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                  Good luck...My only concern, if it were my purchase, would be the fact they are refurbished. Headsets take a beating as it is and being the second owner would make me wary of the purchase. Yes they will change the mic out and the ear pads but ....I've bought other refurbished gear before (evga gtx 280) which performed well and would do so again. I'm not sure I would do it with a headset though. More than likely it's not going to be an issue though and I hope they work out good for you.....
                  Well, my thought/hope was that these were just factory returns for whatever reason. Maybe open box, didn't like it, who knows. I don't suppose they would be selling nasty old units as refurbished. Then there's the argument that refurbished units are sometimes better than new (more thoroughly tested than a brand new unit, etc.). But who really knows? I figured for $58.49 though, I'd take a flyer on it and see.

Funny enough, I think that I personally might be more worried about buying something overclockable (GPU, CPU, etc.) that could have been overheated / overclocked and then returned, shortening it's useful life and you have no real way of telling that.

Originally posted by Grunt 70 View Post
                  So...how does it feel to have a super blazing fast machine now? Bet your are psyched.
                  You know it man. :) At first I didn't even know how to act. Never had a rig this new/nice/fast. I still appreciate it every day, even though I'm so busy with work I only get to play maybe 1-2 times per week. But I use it as my home office computer also, having a nice fast computer, nice keyboard / mouse, and 2-3 monitors are very good for doing actual work. But I was planning on that going in.

Comment

How do you like the headsets? I am currently using a ~$10 headset from biglots lol. I was at wally world the other day and noticed how much better these turtle beach headphones were and I am thinking I am missing out.
                    Lights Out!

Comment

I have actually been too busy to get by my post office box to pick them up!

Comment

I ended up buying it and it is a big jump from my $10 big lot headset. Never thought about sound, though the sound is unreal compared to what I have. So many new sounds in game, that I get distracted lol. Also some guys noticed that I was much clearer voice comm in game. I am still cautious about the wireless ability. I did lose sound for a couple of seconds during the two hours of gaming and I did hear a crackle once. The range isn't huge, maybe about 10-15 feet tops and not great on the other side of the wall. I still require more tests.
                        Lights Out!

Comment

Well, glad my post helped someone.

And as promised, here are my impressions:

General Fit / Comfort
                          I came from a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 (I think that's the model number). Weird thing is, I have had 2 of those LifeChats (same model) in a row, for the last many years, and those are the only headsets I really have any experience with. So anyway, that's what I was used to, and compared to that, these were/are much bulkier, heavier, and slightly more pressure on my head. I thought they would get uncomfortable after a while, but they really don't. The earmuffs are pretty big, they go over my big ears no problem. And there is lots of padding, on the ear muffs as well as the strap that goes over your head.

Voice Quality
                          Everyone tells me that I sound the same as I always have (I guess those M$ LifeChats are decent headsets, too).

Range
                          Range was a bit disappointing (well, maybe my expectations were too high). I got these so I could get up, go to the fridge, get a beverage, etc. without missing any of the action (or while continuing to Platoon Lead, or whatever). They kind of work as far as my kitchen. Which is to say through 2-3 walls and maybe 20-30 feet. The near side of my kitchen (20'), they sort of work some/most of the time. The far side (30'), nothing.

My Biggest Gripe
                          As stated, the whole reason I got these was so I could not miss anything while being away from the computer. But I soon realized that there is no physical PTT button on the headset. So, what's the point of a wireless headset? I suppose they didn't have my use case in mind, but rather just sitting closer to the computer and just not having to deal with a wire under your elbow or whatever.

Earwax Factor
                          No earwax, nor anything else. They looked brand new, as I was sort of expecting. Still had that new consumer electronic smell.

Comment

I think the wiress technology makes more sense for consoles as you sit far away and the cord can become a trip hazard. Though for that price and what you get, I can't complain. After more hours of gaming, I didn't have any crackles of disconnects again...so far. Thanks for the suggestion and the posts
                            Lights Out!

Comment

Randy

Where you put the receiver helps a bunch with range.

Try moving it around some
                              doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...