No announcement yet.

Windows 10, July 29, Reserve Now!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Windows 10, July 29, Reserve Now!

Windows 10 Will Be Released July 29th, Reserve Your Free Copy Now

For those of you who may or may not have noticed that little pop-up in your taskbar about Windows 10, take notice! It's coming out July 29 and all Windows 7 and 8 users should have this pesky white Windows flag in their taskbar tray reminding them to reserve their copy.

In my case, I've reserved mines for my primary rig, but unsure how they'll be handling it for my other rigs (also on Windows 8).
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Windows 10, July 29, Reserve Now!

I got it yesterday too. So is it better to do a clean install(wipe C drive) or will it just install over win 7 with no issues?

Comment

well, I've done it with the test versions and it works, but if you do install over the previous version, make sure you do a clean install of 7 and then update.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'm going to try and opt for a clean install, but I have no clue what format the file(s) downloaded will be in. Or for that matter if MS will let me boot it from a flash drive so I can do a clean install. So far, I just know that come July 29, I'll get a free upgrade to Windows 10. No clue on anything else yet. But I will try and find out and post back here.
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
        Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
        Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Looking forward to the switch... I'll be starting on my office laptop first then moving to gaming rig.
          sigpic

Comment

As a heads up, presently installing Windows 10 can be done by downloading the ISO . To my understanding this will remain the same when release version of 10 comes out.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

I'm not interested in being an unpaid beta tester for Microsoft, so I think I'll pass. I might "upgrade" to Windows 10 in about a year or two, by then they should have worked most of the bugs out.
              "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X