Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spy ware.

Hey all,

I have basically given up. I have checked the spywear thread here, downloaded all of the stuff in it. And I can't get rid of this whatever it is. I will run adaware, spybot, hijack and another one. All of them detect stuff and remove it. I reboot, try to go back onto the internet and get pop up again.

Don't suggest using the microsoft one. I can't validate my cdkey cause its not all that legit. So thats not an option.

Any other help please? I've given up.

thanks.

Re: spy ware.

Are you using IE? If so I suggest you make the switch to Firefox. This will fix your pop-up problem, among a host of other IE security problems.

http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

Another proactive antispyware program similar to the Microsoft one is Spyware Blaster. I suggest you use it. It stops that garbage from getting on your system, as opposed to deleting it after the fact.

http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html

Of course all of these things are useless unless you update...update..update.

Lastly, stay away from the pron, it's riddled with the stuff. :)

A good man stands up for himself. A great man stands up for others.

Comment

Good call regarding Firefox.

Being a Firefox user myself, I can't say I've had the spyware nightmare experience that would aid my ability to help you out of yours.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Ok I made the switch to firefox. But I still get popups in IE. Should I just uninstall IE? Will that stop the popups?

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
          Ok I made the switch to firefox. But I still get popups in IE. Should I just uninstall IE? Will that stop the popups?
          You don't need to uninstall IE. When you start Firefox for the first time it will port all your bookmarks etc over. Let me tell you...once you use firefox, you will never use IE again. Not to mention you will be much, much more secure.

Goodluck

Comment

Well see the problem is I am still getting popups but its through IE. I have tried to clean my system serveal times and whatever it is keeps coming back.

Comment

Originally posted by _Ender_
              Well see the problem is I am still getting popups but its through IE. I have tried to clean my system serveal times and whatever it is keeps coming back.

I am not sure how you can get pop-up through IE, if you are useing Firefox? Please give more detail. Are all your anti-spyware programs updated? Be sure to install the spywareblaster program I suggested. Are you running a firewall, or using a Router? If not here is a free software firewall to use.

http://www.zonelabs.com/store/conten...try=US&lang=en

Comment

it sounds like if you are getting pop ups in IE you have a program downloaded to your system that is messing things up....in your add/remove programs do you have ne thing in there you dint put?
                that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                -Vulcan

Comment

I've had that problem before. The easiest way to get rid of it is to uninstall IE from the windows tab in add/remove programs. Once you do that, you shouldn't get IE popups. This is caused by a spyware that can't be removed from your system except by OS reinstall from my experience, but uninstalling IE atleast allows you to ignore it. If you have firefox, and don't use windowsupdate, you do not need IE at all once you port your crap over.
                  a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                  Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                  Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                  Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                  Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Ok. This is what happens. I will be surfing the web (like coming here to check on the forums) and I will get redirected some where or I will get a popup message telling me my computer has spyware (like no dur) and it will redirect me to a web site. Its really starting to get on my nerves now because I can't play RO or Gunz cause right in the middle something will popup and take me out of the game.

I've run spybot, adaware, hijack, spyware blaster and a bunch of others and nothing is working. It keeps coming back.

Comment

Post your Hijack This log.
                      Battlefield Admin() ()
                      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                      | for | |

Comment

You need to run your spyware in safe mode.

Then post what's being detected and i'll provide a specific fix for it.

- -

Comment

I'm not so much the fan of firefox.

I was before the last version, but something about it is different: it doesn't handle pages as well, is a little slower, takes up just as much resources as IE, the download function isn't as fast as it used to be, and you still get popunders (try customize.org).

I use adaware, spybot, clever cleaner, and hijack this anyway, so another browser isn't necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                            You need to run your spyware in safe mode.

Then post what's being detected and i'll provide a specific fix for it.
                            Vulcan's right. Safe mode may be the key.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                              I'm not so much the fan of firefox.

I was before the last version, but something about it is different: it doesn't handle pages as well, is a little slower, takes up just as much resources as IE, the download function isn't as fast as it used to be, and you still get popunders (try customize.org).

I use adaware, spybot, clever cleaner, and hijack this anyway, so another browser isn't necessary.
                              i personally use firefox for all of my web. the only problems i have with it are on the front page of this website. sometimes it just loads the borders the wrong way so the page is really wide and then i just reload. i deleted my IE from my mac because it was awful and just use firefox and safari. safari is a great web browser because it hardly has anything to load for the actual app.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X