sound blaster cards vs onboard sound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound blaster cards vs onboard sound

I have sound blaster live card and audigy 2 card would it be worth putting one of them in my pc as I use headphones for the games I play.
    |TG18|KevinS_1RCR

Re: sound blaster cards vs onboard sound

If you have a card already, then install it. If you don't, then don't worry about it. Unless you want to do something more with the card, then it isn't too important.

Personally, I bought a card because it has connectors that allow me to record from other devices.

I would use the newer card as driver support is probably better.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Yes. For several reasons:

One, sound cards do really well with positional audio. So you can hear exactly where I am when trying to sneak up on you.

Two, sometimes during periods of intense sounds (like lots of explosions etc) you can actually experience lag as the mobo tries to process it. With my current build I was able to max out Crisis but still got lag because of the audio. When I put in a sound card it went away. Unless your mobo is designed in such a way that this doesn't happen, I will always recommend using a sound card vs on board audio any day of the week. The difference is night and day and you won't want to go back.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Hell yes. The sound quality is much better depending on your mobo and the sound card that you have. Plus you'll be able to listen to sweet music through your 7.1 speakers and play games and ts through your headphones :D

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X