PC wireless network for a mac

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PC wireless network for a mac

Does anyone know how/what equipment i would need to connect my mac to a already setup wireless network?
    the mac is running os 9.0 it think. i cant find the right equipment :\

Re: PC wireless network for a mac

The name of the device Apple markets for wireless internet is (was, if not today) called "Airport," and people often refer to the associated machine cards as, simply, "Airport cards."
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Maybe this?

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPL....6.25.7.11.3.3

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by jackel
        Does anyone know how/what equipment i would need to connect my mac to a already setup wireless network?
        the mac is running os 9.0 it think. i cant find the right equipment :\
        After you get your wireless card installed and working (radar waves show up in the upper right-hand corner, near the clock), these are things that might mess with ya:

About a year and a half ago I became Apple certified. Apple said that wireless (802.11x) is a standard, and as long as you bought 802.11x _compliant_ equipment, you should be fine. However, in the real world, I've seen routers refuse entry to a mac.

For me, the length of passwords has caused the most problems. With different levels of encryption, password lengths differ. With different OSes, password lengths differ.

In your example, your running OS 9.x (ew). I'm doubtful it supports the level of encryption that a current XP machine would support.

For simple testing purposes you could disable all encryption/security on the access point, then see if the mac can connect. Then crank up the encryption/security, conforming to password length standards, and see what happens.

Comment

Yeah, its not my machine but someone living in the house wants to put it on the net and i cant do a cable.
          i was looking at the mac site and from their store it looks like i need mac os 10+ something and the mac is one of those old g3/g4 ones.
          i was hoping that like netgear or someone like them mad one that would work with macs but i havent been able to find one

Comment

Can you use a USB device?

Comment

yes.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse