Norton AV missing msvcp71.dll problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norton AV missing msvcp71.dll problem

Not sure how this happened, but I restarted my computer and all of the sudden started receiving an error that ccapp.exe (and several other apps) could not be started because my machine was missing the msvcp71.dll file. Norton has been running great for a year but then all of the sudden this file disappeared.

Norton doesn't load now.

I did a google search on the dll and found one to download. I tried placing it in both my Windows/System and the Windows/System32 folder to see if that would help. I rebooted and got the same problem.

Ok, so I tried reinstalling Norton but it wants me to uninstall first. Ok, select to uninstall. I get errors that it cannot do this. Ugh. Uninstalling through the control panel doesn't even launch. I go back to try and reinstall again... select to uninstall first and then ignore all errors. Finally makes it through. I don't get the ccApp.exe error anymore, but I do get some others.

Other errors come from "CL RC Engine2 Dummy Winidow: PDVDServ.exe" (PowerDVD) and mimboot.exe (MusicMatch Jukebox).

Now I try to reinstall Norton but it fails. It doesn't give any reason.

I haven't changed anything on my computer... just rebooted (which I do often).

Ideas?
    |TG-12th| asch
    sigpic

Re: Norton AV missing msvcp71.dll problem

it might have been a bug. try booting in safe mode or once you get in to your file, ctr +alt +del and delete any program under "user" execpt for explorer.exe. dont do anything under "root" cause you'll be ROOTED :D. but really, some program probably got changed to cause errors to show up. Norton also is nororious for install and uninstall issues so sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt. mabey the C++ framework got changed somehow too. i dont know, just some suggestions, hope they help.

Comment

Try this link for a tool from Symantec to remove NAV:
      http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...rc=bar_sch_nam

There's other articles at Symantec regarding manual removal (as in deleting programs, registry entries, etc.) which may help in your efforts also.

Comment

Thanks rampage... I'll give that a shot.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

oh ya, also try the link in my sig for the Windows unnoficial guide and search that site. i found it extremly helpful.

Comment

If i were you i would disable all norton services, and it's startup programs with msconfig in the run command. In msconfig under startup items you can just disable all. If the services are disabled and the startup items, you can then try to remove it again and then delete it's folder under program files.

It should reinstall np. The problem you ran into most likely is that some of its services were still running and a reinstall won't work that way. If you need any other help with the above instructions, i'll tell ya how to do them specifically.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X