Best site for Computer parts shopping

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best site for Computer parts shopping

Okay for those like me that like to shop for computer parts, or for those that want an easier time. I have found the best site for shopping and keeping track of what you are looking for. The site lets you customize you search by region. So if you live in Australia, Britain, USA, Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, or New Zealand it will search based on what region you set it at. If you become a member of the site (free) it lets you save builds and sends you price changes if you want. I love it because I live in Canada and always get searches that hit American sites that do not deliver to Canada. The searches hit a bunch of sites and brings you the best price, it also shows deliver charge and mail in rebates. Take a look at the site as the different options and tweaks you can do are numerous.

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/

P.S. I have no connection to this site or any of the sites this site connects to. I am just a fan.

MJ

A good leader requires both character and strategy. If he is to be without one, let it be strategy. - General Rick Hilliar, Former Canadian Chief of Defence

Re: Best site for Computer parts shopping

I too use that site extensively. However, I usually buy everything from a single source (NewEgg usually) if I can. Makes refunds/returns/replacements less of a headache. Building for others, I usually ask if they have any store preferences.
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Yeah, I find the historical price data especially useful / informative, particularly when you are not in a hurry and just waiting and watching for a "good deal." Then you know what a "good deal" actually is when it comes up, and can have more confidence in pulling the trigger.
      "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Masterjack View Post
        Okay for those like me that like to shop for computer parts, or for those that want an easier time. I have found the best site for shopping and keeping track of what you are looking for. The site lets you customize you search by region. So if you live in Australia, Britain, USA, Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, or New Zealand it will search based on what region you set it at. If you become a member of the site (free) it lets you save builds and sends you price changes if you want. I love it because I live in Canada and always get searches that hit American sites that do not deliver to Canada. The searches hit a bunch of sites and brings you the best price, it also shows deliver charge and mail in rebates. Take a look at the site as the different options and tweaks you can do are numerous.

P.S. I have no connection to this site or any of the sites this site connects to. I am just a fan.

MJ
        I used to buy things from Amazon. I will try this site once as you have recommended.

Comment

I use Newegg exclusively unless I need a really good deal, than I go to eBay.
          |TG-Irr| di1lweed1212

Comment

I noticed Newegg has been doing the "mark up high, sell slightly lower than standard" sales practice on a few deals lately. I am not sure I like that.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              I noticed Newegg has been doing the "mark up high, sell slightly lower than standard" sales practice on a few deals lately. I am not sure I like that.
              They've been doing that since last year Siege. Thankfully it's not on every item, just some.
              |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
              TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
              Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
              Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                Luckily, we have resources like pcpartpicker (and others) to give us a higher quality of information. Man, I love the internet! :)
                "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I have turned away from newegg since they started third party sellers (ala amazon)... i have actually been buying computer parts from amazon lately, since i have prime it means free 2 day shipping.