So the kids are making my gaming difficult - speaker Q

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the kids are making my gaming difficult - speaker Q

I have my mic/headset plugged into the back of my computer (sound card I think). It is a two pin set. This has made the speakers on my desk two paperweights. Which is actually okay by me. But, I have three kids and they like to play their own games at my computer, all at once. "All at once" means all three are circled around the computer with only one headset between them. *Ding ding ding* Let the fighting begin!
    So, How can I set up my computer so that the headset stays plugged in but the kids can still hear everything via the speakers? And is there a way to do this without losing quality of sound? You see, when I am not home if the kids want to use the speakers they or my lovely wife has to move the computer and unplug from the back.
    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Re: So the kids are making my gaming difficult - speaker Q

An speaker extension cord might work. I've done that before.

The trick is that the speaker wires need to be able to reach the top of your desk (the extension is plugged into the computer, effectively moving the input from behind the computer to the desktop).
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

http://www.cputopia.com/cputopia-ste...ter-cable.html

Edit: You can pick these up at RadioTrash, I mean shack for about the same.

Comment

I came across a product similar to this a year ago and it has been very useful. It might be just what you are looking for.

http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...duct_id=26-204
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

From a totally different perspective, I was using on-board sound and decided to get a USB headset (Logitech 350). What's cool with it since it's a separate device from your on-board sound is when you plug and unplug it Windows XP automatically switches devices.

Comment

What I did to resolve this for myself --Before I was using a USB headset and I'm assuming your using standard audio/mic 1/8th jack-- a was going to radio shack and buying something like this:

Audio PC Speaker Headset Switch
            http://www.compusa.com/products/prod...204&pfp=BROWSE

Comment

You could use a USB headset and switch your sound output in windows back and forth between your sound card and the USB headset based on the need at that point in time.
              Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

2 ways of doing this. If your sound card has an aux port, you can put the speakers into it and keep the headphones in the green(main) port. This has to be configured for a 4 speaker setup though with it's driver program.

If it does not.
                I use onboard sound for speakers and sound card for headset and mic.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by ultrablue
                  I have one of these. It seems a bit overpriced for such a simple piece of equipment but when I was recovering from a minor knee injury I picked one up because bending down and reaching behind the case was a pain. Plus you don't have to worry about abent-mindedly plugging the mic jack into the soundcard's output and ruining it. The plantronics one has good sound quality as far as I can tell.

Comment

Thank you all. Buying a USB isn't an option right now so I will try to the other ones. Thanks again.
                    "Umm Deputy these aren't my pants" - Common alarm cry of the North American Crackhead
                    [tg-c1][ma-c1][defense]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X