Cherry MX Switch Tester

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cherry MX Switch Tester

In order to select the proper Cherry MX mechanical keyboard, I purchased a switch tester for $15. It helped me decide that brown switches are my preference, so now I'm done with it and would like to pass it along to a TG member. Free to a good home, I just ask that you cover shipping.
    |TG|Melee
    Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose!

Re: Cherry MX Switch Tester

+REP! OMG, I was wondering if such a thing existed since I'm also in the market for a mechanical keyboard. :)
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Does that mean you'd like to have it?
      |TG|Melee

Comment

Originally posted by Melee View Post
        Does that mean you'd like to have it?
        I'm probably gonna buy one later on so I can get a "feel" for each key before diving back into looking at keyboards. Need a good balance for my typing speed and tastes (60 WPM, and I happen to like light keystrokes with little to no click).
        |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
        Former 9th & 13th

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

That's the point of this, to try various keys. Do you want this now? I hate to see it go to waste sitting in a box here.
          |TG|Melee

Comment

I think this is a wonderful idea, thanks for posting Melee. Because, the thing is, once you have decided which flavor you like, you don't really need the thing any more. And it always seemed like such a waste to spend $15 on a one use thing to me. I considered buying one when I was shopping for mechanical keyboards, but I ended up just pulling the trigger on a keyboard on faith. Ended up OK, but I always wondered about some of the other switches...

I could see this thing being passed around to TG members on an honor system, each person paying for the shipping to themselves (should only be a few bucks anyway) and on and on. Acreo seems like he is in the market now, if anyone else is they can have it after that. Eventually, I would like to check it out myself but there's no rush on that as I already purchased. But who knows, maybe I eventually discover that I really like a different color / feel...

Anyway, yeah great idea!
            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Thanks for elaborating and helping to make clear my intent. I don't think Acreo wants it at this point, so it's still up for grabs to any interested person.

The difference in feel between the colors is subtle, so it is helpful to feel them for yourself. I'd also recommend reading up on the differences and recommended usage.
              |TG|Melee

Comment

I also have a Cherry MX switch tester that I no longer need. If anyone else would like one, shoot me a message. I decided on the red switches :D

Comment

[MENTION=13034]Acreo Aeneas[/MENTION] and/or others can have dibs, I'm not in a rush.

Although it seems we will have two in circulation now (thanks ElectricWatts!).
                  "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

No need to use this....just join the Brown Switch Master Race club :)

Comment

Well, maybe I will... After some hands (fingers?) on testing. :D

Comment

When you get the tester, also remember you can get switches in O ring and non-oring varients. O rings make any switch quieter. Little dampenig on stop too. So if the noise from clicky switches is putting you off, you can look for the o rings as well. (They can be retrofitted on keyboards that don't come with them.)

Comment

I refreshed my memory on the different types of mechanical Cherry switches. Seems Brown is the perfect fit for me (or Logitech's own version which are similar to Brown Cherry's supposedly). Anyone have a tester still?

Looking to purchase towards the end of this month. So I would like to get a tester in hand before then.
                          |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
                          Former 9th & 13th

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

You can have mine. PM me your address and I'll get it out asap. I'm very happy with my Brown switches.

Read up on the Logitechs, there are many reports of broken switches, which are their proprietary design. I went with Corsair and haven't been disappointed.
                            |TG|Melee

Comment

Yeah, I had forgotten mine were browns until I moved recently and set up my computer again and looked at the box. I also have the Corsair, K95 RGB, and I love it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X