Steam?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam?

Quick question for you guys. My brother seems to think that steam degrades your system performance over time if it is installed. I mostly play BF2 right now but would like to play some CS sometime because I have never played it before. Does it actually slow the system down or is he just a lunatic. I'm thinking lunatic.

Re: Steam?

Just close steam when you aren't playing steam games.

Comment

I've suffered no system performance from Steam's being on my computer over time.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Thanks guys, I fiqured he was just crazy.

Comment

I have several issues with steam. That is not one of them. You will find during updates that steam will suck bandwidth quite heavily for a couple of minutes, but that's mostly to be expected. Basically I'd say don't allow steam to connect on start up, and only turn it on when you want to use it and you'll have no problems (provided everything installs correctly)
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X