Antivirus recommendations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antivirus recommendations

So I did a quick search and nothing new looks to have been posted recently. I know a number of my fellow TGer's are more in the know than I am in this regard and thus I could use your knowledge please!

I have a new setup at home where I am now running 2 home based business's with cloud storage and this is based off of 3 PC's. I have for years just used the basic free anti virus but that is not going to cut it any longer. For my one business I need to guarantee the safety of client data (currently backed up on external HD as it will continue to be, would like to use cloud storage for redundancy). So security guru's what do you suggest? Is there a singular solution that is recommended or should I be using multiple programs, for the cloud backup do I pay extra for encrypted storage or does Google, Dropbox and OneDrive provide enough safety without worrying about that?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
    sigpic

Re: Antivirus recommendations

I do not run a business so I don't know about their Enterprise solutions; but as a personal user of Bitdefender I highly recommend them. It works well (as far as I can tell) and it works fast and isn't the constant bloatware Norton was the last time I used it. They also have other solutions they work on as well such as the IoT (internet of things) antivirus they call Bitdefender. They have a mobile solution as well.

Here is a Tom's Hardware Review in case you are interested: [Link]

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Comment

Thanks for your input [MENTION=19760]ScratchnSniff0[/MENTION] I'll be sure to check the link out this afternoon.
      sigpic

Comment

Ecrypt your data(7-Zip) before putting it on someone elses hardware.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

The business versions of cloud storage usually provide more features (not sure about security side). I would check those out from Google, Microsoft, Box (not dropbox) etc.

As far as anti-virus software, I would also look at SMB solutions or Premium Home versions so you can deploy on multiple PCs. Make sure they are AV and anti-malware. Some SMB solutions also include some storage features (security, backup etc). As far as brands I can't provide much. I do know that Norton has gotten a lot better from the days of bloatware. I have also heard good things about Bitdefender but don't have experience with it.

Comment

[MENTION=20363]Namebot[/MENTION] that's a good idea but I think it may cause some issues with in the office as my assistant (meaning my sister) may not be technically inclined enough to not screw up the files when trying to access them. I will definitely use this idea for year end full back ups.
            [MENTION=4712]DrunkenSoul[/MENTION] thanks for the ideas. I've done some more reading on cloud solutions. Bitdefender does seem to be one of the best reviewed right now from what I've been reading.
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X