Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borked my Windows 7

Situation:
    I somehow managed to diskpart the primary boot drive and not the drive I intended to. Getting BootMgr missing and had to reinstall the windows 7 into a newly created (deleted) partition.
    I have reinstalled Win 7 into the new-ish partition (C: ) to be able to boot and access my (D: ) drive contents.

Suggestions & Guidance:
    A) Is there a way to allow my newly created account to have full access into my older drive files with full administrator access?
    Figured this one out

B) Ideal. Would it be possible to somehow magically boot from my older partition drive so I can resume my previous windows boot?
    (deleting the newly created partition for Windows, basically going back to the original)

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: Borked my Windows 7

I do not think that is possible as there are hashes and unique identifiers that are attached to the windows files in your origiinal directory. You can use your programs files without issue.

I am not an expert on Windows Boot proceedures, but have had my fair share of mishaps and rebuilds.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Solved.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Can you post your solution for the greater community?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X