Wireless Adapter Stops working when downloading large files

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wireless Adapter Stops working when downloading large files

Hey all, so i have a pretty frustrating problem. My wireless adapter stops working whenever i download large files i.e Steam downloads and Torrents (strictly legal ones of course...) and the only fix is to restart my desktop. Unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't work regardless of what usb slot i use.

its a Netgear A6210 if that helps

and no, using a hard wire isn't an option

oh if anyone want specs for desktop follow this link (im too lazy to type it all here)
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/FkCqCJ

thanks in advance for any help

Re: Wireless Adapter Stops working when downloading large files

Do any other USB devices stop working?

If you unplug another device and plug it back in does it resume working?

I'm trying to find out if it is related to the Wifi adapters driver or perhaps the USB chipset driver driver.

Comment

no other devices stop working, its just the wireless adapter.

unplugging it and plugging it back in doesn't fix it either. it needs a hard reboot for it to work again.

i've tried using the supplied drivers/software from netgear and i've tried letting Microsoft just do its thing and install drivers. neither helped.

Comment

Figure out what the manufacturer of the wifi chipset calls it and check their website for drivers.
        |TG-12th| Namebot

Comment

Have you tried placing it in any other USB 3.0 slot? I had a usb 3.0 slot crash my computer if I tried transferring over 5 Gb of data through that individual port.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Like most electonics you have to re boot once in awhile, and then sometimes your stuff just quits working and it's time for new stuff. My best luck for a long lasting usb network adapter so far has been a Linksys AE3000 dual band. My modem/router is in the basement so I too use wireless, i get 40mb dsl at the modem and around 37 at my upstairs computer. i may have had to restrart my adapter perhaps twice in the last year and I do a lot of torrents also (legal of course).

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X