DD-WRT Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DD-WRT Questions

Hello good gentlemen! I have a question for you.

I recently saw that others were using DD-WRT and then found out that my [router] was "open source compatible," mainly with OpenWRT. I checked the DD-WRT database though and they have a build, that while only a beta, seems to work pretty well for me.

My question is if anyone knows how to get IPv6 working with this build. I have IPv6 straight out of the modem; but behind the router none of my computers successfully pass the IPv6 test: [IPv6 Test]. I've tried the [tutorial] that they've provided but I can't seem to get my computers to pass the test. It seems to be for an older build of DD-WRT; Can anyone help me set it up properly?

"Quando omni flunkus moritati" -Red Green Show
    [Link to my Youtube!] [Link to my Twitch!]
    [support]

Re: DD-WRT Questions

Make sure you are following the instructions for whichever build of dd-wrt you are using. I mean, pay particular attention to whether your router is v24 or v26 etc. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, read the Peacock thread. And then read it again. And again. lol

I dunno, maybe I'm thick but I have read it many times over the years, there is just so much information in there, usually I pick up something new almost every time.

If you can't figure it out after that, best thing to do is probably create an account and post over there, there are many more people with much more direct experience with dd-wrt than there probably are around here.
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I'll have to go ahead and do that then. Thank you anyway, though.

[support]

Comment

I figured it out!

For my particular setup I had to change it to DHCPv6 with Prefix Delegation and then setup the Prefix Length and Static DNS's. Also, Dhcp6s and Radvd had to be turned on.

[support]

Comment

Cool! :)
          "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X