New PC Build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New PC Build

I have been a strictly AMD guy for a good while now but have been looking to either upgrade current PC or start a completely new build. Was looking at intel CPUs and mb's, considering a change maybe. I am currently running a FX-8350 and a R9 390x, so trying to decide if i should upgrade, maybe increase my memory to 32gb from the current 16 and maybe get another 390x and run crossfire. If i go to intel i would probably also switch to nvidia gpu also. I currently run BF4 with no issues at all, but i normally upgrade before a new title comes out so i have started researching parts, wanted to get opinions from fellow PC builders.

Re: New PC Build

Ghost, don't. Just don't. Right now you will be wasting your money. Sure, AMD Vishras are not the fastest chips, but for the next 2 years, you will get life out of your rig without a real issue. .

I read that you like updating before a new title comes out, but the specs you have now will be fine. I do not know if you have limited yourself by buying a cheap or mid-range motherboard, but AMD chips are easy to overclock. If you set things up properly, you can get the FX-8350 up to 4.5 Ghz very easily.

If you really want to upgrade, watch code name Polaris, Pascal, Zen, and Broadwell. These are the big players this year.
    [MENTION=131873]USMCGhost44[/MENTION]
    You are about 40 minutes away from me if you go south...

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

im running the MSI 970 Gaming ATX Motherboard currently.

40 minutes south, so your down bedford direction?

Comment

Nah, you went South West, I am South East actually. Near the lake.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

How's your current monitor? Seems with the 390x you can do 1440p no sweat; if you happen to be running an older monitor with that card it might be a good upgrade for your current build.

Comment

Im running a 55 led hdtv as a monitor currently

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
              Nah, you went South West, I am South East actually. Near the lake.
              ok, gotcha, thats cool, not far at all then

Comment

Ya, definitely. I think this make 7 of us in Pa right now.

Yt, you, me, Scratch, Socom, Dil1weed, and Daviking are in Pa. I also go to college with a former member named Led Zepster. I think there are more out in the Pittsburgh and Harrisburg areas, but it has been a while.

For some reason I remember people got together in Gettysburg the other year.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCGhost44 View Post
                  Im running a 55 led hdtv as a monitor currently
                  Ah yes, I think you shared a picture of the setup at one point.

Comment

yea i did, about 8 months ago when i built it i think

Comment

Are you having any issues running current games? TBH, seems kind of a waste to do Crossfire, I've seen mixed results.
                      HaX^

Comment

no, no problems at all, to be honest its only because of boredom that i was looking to do something to my current setup. I put aside a thousand each year for pc builds and my current system is almost a year old so figured it was time to do something.

Comment

Ghost, ever thought about learning how to overclock? It can be fun...

Comment

I know the AMD software comes with overclock controls, and so does my MSI motherboard, but ive never messed with it. I did install 4 120mm fans and a cpu hyper cooler in my thor case, so the air flow is there, maybe i will look into messing with the controls. I know one of them will auto overclock by changing the setting and testing till it crashes then it goes to the last good setting.

Comment

I was also considering upgrading the TV to a 4k ultra hd, just wanted to know if it would make a difference with gaming or not. I also use my pc for multi media thats why i have gone with a tv, alot of hulu, netflix and hulu prime.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X