No announcement yet.

I know we've seen good progress..

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we've seen good progress..

With Microsoft Giant (Antispyware beta).

I just noticed this today, not sure if it's already been posted. I searched but couldn't find it.

Microsoft Virus Removal?

I know Giant did a good job with spyware, best I've seen so far atleast anyways. Some people beg to differ, but I think it's the best out there, and it's free.

Wonder if the Virus-ware will be the same?

Yer Mom /O>

To all but me is the look given but never received. My heart sinks faster and faster every time I look into them, yet I do not understand their controling power on my soul. - W11114m W45h1n670n

Re: I know we've seen good progress..

I've never tried out that tool (in fact, I tell Windows Update NOT to install it), but McAfee's Stinger seems to fill a similar role. It just looks for a few of the "most popular" viruses and removes them. I'd usually run Stinger and then Symantec's virus specific tool.

I find, with viruses and spyware, that it's best not to rely on just one tool. Something else will always do things a little different / better.. Like Ad-Aware and Spybot. Run them both back to back and one will find things that the other missed.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    | for | |

Re: I know we've seen good progress..

Perry is right, its not actually antivirus, it just removes a few and runs only once after download.

A member of the old school Scene,
      ACiD, iCE, CiA, UNiON, DOD, PWA, RiSC, Razor1911,gH, l0ft....When Elite wasn't a 13 year old script kiddie

Athlon64 4200 Dual Core
      Gigabyte K8N Ultra
      74Gb WD Raptor
      Leadtek 7800GTX
      2GB OCZ EL Matched DDR 533
      Zalman 7700Cu

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed