ati x800XL vs ati x850 pro?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ati x800XL vs ati x850 pro?

i can get both of them for $325 each. wat is better? sale ends soon so help me out if u know

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
    Delta MICS
    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Re: ati x800XL vs ati x850 pro?

are these laptop models, if so please tell me where.
    and I have heard that the 850 is just over clocked, and shows a 3% improvement, wheras the 800 is much more stable .

Comment

I don't think the X850 series has a Pro model. But if this is between the X800 XL and X800 Pro. Get the XL the Pro has a higher memory clock speed but the XL has more pipelines and a higher core clockspeed.
      RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
      TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
      7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
      "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
      "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by slugslinger
        i can get both of them for $325 each. wat is better? sale ends soon so help me out if u know
        I believe they are the same model except the xl has 512 ram. That's what I remember reading.

Comment

Clarification for some folk:

The x850 comes in 3 flavours:
          x850 Pro, x850XT, and x850 Platinum Edition

The x850 Pro is limited to 12 pipelines, vs XT and PE at 16 (so you can consider the Pro as being the vanilla x850)

The x850 is not just overlocked, it has a few tweaks and manufactured with a smaller die process. Think of it to the x800, like the 9800 was to the 9700.

Very few x800XLs have 512MB of RAM, this increase was only done in recent months by a handfull of manufacturers

Personally I'd go for the x850XT since it's not much more than the XLs now (shop around), higher clocks, and benchmarks consistently have it running quite a bit faster in the intensive games.

Now, since you're down to the x800XL vs x850 Pro.... Neck and neck, I'd buy the x800XL. But like i said, if you shop around you can get an x850XT for not much more than the price you're talking about.
          |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X