X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comp O Yeee

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK. WEBSITE IS www.ibuypower.com
    LET ME KNOW IF ANYTHING IS WASTE OF MONEY OR IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH
    I AM AIMING AROUND 2 GRAND. BUT OBVIOUSLY CHEAPER IS BETTER. BTW IDK IF THE MOTHERBOARD AND LCD IS GOOD. THANKS GUYS

Case ( [New !!!] Trinity ATX Mid-Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Black )
    Case Lighting ( None )
    Power Supply ( [$30 Mail-In-Rebate NOW !!!] Ultra X-Finity 500W ATX PS w/2 80mm Fans - Titanium Black(ULT31648) )
    Processor ( [939-pin] AMD® Athlon-64 3700+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )
    Free Software/Game ( Free Half Life 2 Download Coupon Free Half Life 2 download coupon with purchase of AMD-64 based systems )
    Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink + 2 Extra Color Lighting Case Fans )
    Motherboard ( Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe nForce4-SLI Chipset w/LAN, 7.1 Sound, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 Dual PCI-E Motherboard )
    Memory ( 2048 MB [1024MB X2] DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module Corsair-Value or Major Brand )
    Video Card ( [PCI-Express 16x] Nvidia Geforce 6200 with TurboCache Supporting 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video )
    Hard Drive ( [Special !!!] 160 GB HARD DRIVES [S-ATA] Western Digital 160 GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache Hard Drive )
    2nd Hard Drive ( None )
    Raid Controller ( None )
    Raid Configuration ( None )
    CD/DVD Drive ( 16x DVD-ROM Drive Black )
    CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( Sony DWQ-28A Dual Format/Double Layer 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive Black )
    Sound Card ( Creative Lab Sound Blaster Audigy-2 ZS 7.1 )
    Speaker System ( 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
    Fax Modem ( None )
    Network Card ( D-Link PCI 32 Bit 10/100 Network CARD )
    Floppy Drive ( None )
    Monitor ( LCD Monitor ViewSonic 17" VX724 TFT LCD Monitor [Extreme Gaming; 4 ms; Silver/Black 2-Tone] )
    Keyboard ( Logitech Elite USB/PS2 Keyboard Black )
    Mouse ( Optical Internet Mouse Black )
    USB 2.0 Accessories ( Build-in USB 2.0 Ports )
    Meter Display ( None )
    Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Black )
    Operation System ( [New !!!] MS Windows XP Professional X64 Edition )
    IEEE-1394 Fire Wire Card ( None )
    USB Flash Drive ( None )
    MP3 Player ( None )
    TV Tuner ( None )
    Video Camera ( None )
    Headset ( None )
    Power Protection ( None )
    Printer ( None )
    Printer Cable ( None )
    Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard Warranty + 3-Year i-Care Deluxe On-site Service + 24/7 Phone Support )
    Rush Service ( Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) No Rush, Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days )

Re: Comp O Yeee

forget about the mouse im buying the logitech mx518

Comment

Well, if you're going to spend that much.

I wouldn't get that PSU for that system, it's a lesser-known brand, which usually means less than acceptable quality. Replace it with a Fortron 530W (~$75 from newegg)

Mobo and Monitor are perfectly fine.

Graphics card is seriously underpowered for that system. 6200 is a value card. Again, if you're spending that much money, get *atleast* a 6600GT (~$150US) or a 6800GT (~$250US) For a $2000 PC I could build one with a 7800GT to be honest.

Also check your parts at newegg.com. They tend to have the same stuff cheaper than just about anywhere else.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Seems a bit overpriced with some generic parts in it... Are you familiar with the company? Do you trust that they'll uphold their warranty?

I would still build my own PC if I were you. It would be cheaper and you'd get the exact parts that you want...
        Become a supporting member!
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
        TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

The Ultra PSU's aren't that bad. They're one of the popular brands in the computer modding community these days. But, yea, I'd personally got with something "better." Of the choices at ibuypower, Enermax.

The weakest part of that system is the video card. The 6200 is really for people that don't game IMO. I wouldn't go for less than a 6800GT on that system.

ibuypower doesn't offer the Creative X-Fi cards on that system, so I'd leave off a sound card and get an X-Fi later. The motherboard does have onboard sound you can use in the meantime.

Your motherboard has at least 1, maybe 2, NIC's in it so you don't need that D-Link card that you have selected.

Unless you have a specific reason for going XP X64, I'd go with the regular XP for gaming.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

Alienware and other "gaming" computer builders tend to be hideously over-priced. I've seen mark-ups as high as 100% on some parts. I'd strongly recommend you consider building your own. Then you have all the parts you want, along with the knowledge that you built your own PC and (hopefully) how to work on it.

Comment

Originally posted by perry
              Unless you have a specific reason for going XP X64, I'd go with the regular XP for gaming.
              Actually I'd be inclined to go XP64 if you have the money, just because if you go XP you can't upgrade it again, and will need to do a total system rebuild 2-3 years down the line (or sooner).
              Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

See why people who are poor now and just get XP's/XP mobiles are going to be screwed?

Unfortunately, I'm one of them :(.

|CS:S Dev Team|

root: I do it to
                steve: OMG
                steve: TOO
                root: ****ing hell
                root: Spelling nazi down! MEDIC!

Go ahead, you know you all envy me, I corrected root's grammar :D

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                  Actually I'd be inclined to go XP64 if you have the money, just because if you go XP you can't upgrade it again, and will need to do a total system rebuild 2-3 years down the line (or sooner).
                  You talking about hardware or the OS? The processor is an Athlon64, the original poster also listed WindowsXP 64. There is no XP64 processor that I know of.

I, too, would recommend going with the plain ol' 32 bit version of Windows XP Pro. Last I heard, there were many drivers issues with the 64bit version, as well as stability issues...
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

5 of my friends bought fomr htem and are all happy and the warrnaty held up when any of them had problems also i am sorry the gfx card wsa suppose to be the ATI Radeon X800XL 256MB w/DVI + TV Out Video

Comment

srry baout the spelling im in class on a friends sidekick II

Comment

If I was you I would look up newegg.com and build my own X_X i got this setup for right over 1grand.

Msi K8N Neo4 Sli MB
                        Amd 3500 Venice 939(+some AS5 thermal paste)
                        NEC Black IDE DVD Burner
                        Western Digital Caviar SE16 250GB
                        1GB Geil Value ram (until i plan to OC)
                        Aspire 520W PSU
                        XFX 7800 GT
                        Coolmaster Case

Change to your likings/brand and get a great computer =)

But of course if you dont want to build your own or if you dont have the time Ibuypower seems fine i almost got a Pc from them but just build my own.

If you go with your setup in the first post get a better GPU or downgrade that CPU because a 3700A64 matched with a 6200gpu are just in entirly different levels of power.

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                          You talking about hardware or the OS? The processor is an Athlon64, the original poster also listed WindowsXP 64. There is no XP64 processor that I know of.

I, too, would recommend going with the plain ol' 32 bit version of Windows XP Pro. Last I heard, there were many drivers issues with the 64bit version, as well as stability issues...
                          I was talking the processor. There is absolutely no reason to go with the 64 bit version of windows.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
                            I was talking the processor.
                            I agree, dollar for dollar, I think AMD's Athlon64 processors are the best out there right now.
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Shopping Cart
                              Cables
                              Qty. Product Description Unit Price Savings Total Price
                              1 AMC 8" 4-Pin Power Cable Splitter Model Y Power Cable - OEM
                              $5.00 -$5.00 Sale $0.00

CD/DVD Burners (RW Drives)
                              1 NEC Black IDE DVD Burner Model ND-3540A - OEM
                              $39.95 $39.95

ATX Computer Cases
                              1 RAIDMAX X1 ATX-909WB Black/ Silver SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
                              $54.99 -$5.00 Instant
                              $49.99

Internal Hard Drives
                              1 Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM
                              $95.00 $95.00

Monitors - LCD
                              1 Rosewill R912E Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor - Retail
                              $279.99 -$15.00 Instant
                              $264.99

AMD-compatible Motherboards
                              1 MSI K8N Neo4/SLI Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - OEM
                              $86.80 $86.80

Video Cards & Related Devices
                              1 eVGA 256-P2-N525-AX Geforce 7800GTX 256MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail
                              $469.99 $469.99

Power Supplies
                              1 Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V ATX12V 550W Power Supply - Retail
                              $115.00 -$5.00 Instant
                              $110.00

Speakers
                              1 Codegen S3-001-CA 45W 2.1 Speaker - Retail
                              $32.88 $32.88

Keyboards
                              1 LITE-ON SK-1788/BS 2-Tone PS/2 Wired Standard Keyboard - Retail
                              $5.25 $5.25

Mouse
                              1 Logitech MX518 931352-0403 2-Tone 8 Buttons 1x Wheel USB + PS/2 Optical Mouse - Retail
                              $39.85 $39.85

CD/DVD R/RW Media
                              1 LEGACY 4.7GB 8X DVD-R 25 Pack Disc - Retail
                              $15.00 $15.00

Processors
                              1 AMD Athlon 64 4000+ San Diego 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA4000BNBOX - Retail
                              $368.00 $368.00

Operating Systems
                              1 Microsoft Windows XP HOME Edition With Service Pack 2 - OEM
                              $91.95 $91.95

Security / Utilities Software
                              1 Symantec Norton Systemworks 2005 - Retail
                              $64.99 $64.99

Subtotal: $1,734.64

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse