Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

    Ok, there is a great deal on a HP laptop, one of the zd8000 series over at Best Buy.

    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1117177857975

    So that's $1600, plus the rebate, 18 months 0%.

    But I have no idea what the x600 is like gamewise. Can it handle BF2 on low?

  • #2
    Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

    It's ok on CSS i would expect that to run 30-45 fps on Minimum settings. If you are laptop shopping go to www.hypersonic-pc.com they have incredible gaming laptops cheaper than dell or alienware, but use the same componets. I have a hypersonic and the customer support is awesome.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

      Originally posted by .143 Beth©
      It's ok on CSS i would expect that to run 30-45 fps on Minimum settings. If you are laptop shopping go to www.hypersonic-pc.com they have incredible gaming laptops cheaper than dell or alienware, but use the same componets. I have a hypersonic and the customer support is awesome.
      I seem to recall the Alienware getting good reviews with the x600 about a year back. 30-40fps is sufficient. I'm getting that now on my PC. My other laptop runs ~20-30fps with an IGP x300.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

        the x600 is one of the highter up cards, only the x600, the 6800nvidia, and one other can play the new lost coast with settings on high with the high dynamic range lighting. i currently have and x300 with 1 gig ram and 3ghz processor and i run CS:S perfectly. i dont know how many frame's per secont i get but it only hickups in the beginning of games when people are still joining, same with BF2: after 1 minute, it stops hickuping for the rest of the round.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

          Originally posted by black death5
          the x600 is one of the highter up cards, only the x600, the 6800nvidia, and one other can play the new lost coast with settings on high with the high dynamic range lighting. i currently have and x300 with 1 gig ram and 3ghz processor and i run CS:S perfectly. i dont know how many frame's per secont i get but it only hickups in the beginning of games when people are still joining, same with BF2: after 1 minute, it stops hickuping for the rest of the round.
          Ok, so that answers my question. Thanks!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

            wow :row__520: :row__543: :row__679: :row__737:

            so i actually helped someone on their thread comment instead of posting stuff about my life or stuff totally irrevalant to the subject! im so happy!!! :D

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

              My laptop has a 9600 64MB and it runs BF2 great. 2x AA, geometry medium, everything else low. FPS is max 50 but I'd say averages around 35. The only problem is the harddrive being so slow so load times are 5 minutes.

              - It's who you game with.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

                ya, i have bad load times on my machine too. i think thats normal thought because it has to load up all of that info every time for new maps and the maps are huge and very complex. i just hate it when it finshes and then it takes 2 minutes verifing server info or something and im stuck listnening to the same song over and over again ;).

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

                  Turn your music off. BIG improvement. ;)
                  Beatnik

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

                    Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    Ok, there is a great deal on a HP laptop, one of the zd8000 series over at Best Buy.

                    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1117177857975

                    So that's $1600, plus the rebate, 18 months 0%.

                    But I have no idea what the x600 is like gamewise. Can it handle BF2 on low?
                    I have an X600 in my desktop (dunno if theres any difference), anyway i have all my settings on high but 2 which are on medium, usually i set my desktop and game to 800x600 for a nice framerate of about 30.

                    Comment

                    Connect

                    Collapse

                    TeamSpeak 3 Server

                    Collapse

                    Advertisement

                    Collapse

                    Twitter Feed

                    Collapse

                    Working...
                    X