OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

Ok, there is a great deal on a HP laptop, one of the zd8000 series over at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1117177857975

So that's $1600, plus the rebate, 18 months 0%.

But I have no idea what the x600 is like gamewise. Can it handle BF2 on low?

Re: OK Laptop Jockeys....who has an x600?

It's ok on CSS i would expect that to run 30-45 fps on Minimum settings. If you are laptop shopping go to www.hypersonic-pc.com they have incredible gaming laptops cheaper than dell or alienware, but use the same componets. I have a hypersonic and the customer support is awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
      It's ok on CSS i would expect that to run 30-45 fps on Minimum settings. If you are laptop shopping go to www.hypersonic-pc.com they have incredible gaming laptops cheaper than dell or alienware, but use the same componets. I have a hypersonic and the customer support is awesome.
      I seem to recall the Alienware getting good reviews with the x600 about a year back. 30-40fps is sufficient. I'm getting that now on my PC. My other laptop runs ~20-30fps with an IGP x300.

Comment

the x600 is one of the highter up cards, only the x600, the 6800nvidia, and one other can play the new lost coast with settings on high with the high dynamic range lighting. i currently have and x300 with 1 gig ram and 3ghz processor and i run CS:S perfectly. i dont know how many frame's per secont i get but it only hickups in the beginning of games when people are still joining, same with BF2: after 1 minute, it stops hickuping for the rest of the round.

Comment

Originally posted by black death5
          the x600 is one of the highter up cards, only the x600, the 6800nvidia, and one other can play the new lost coast with settings on high with the high dynamic range lighting. i currently have and x300 with 1 gig ram and 3ghz processor and i run CS:S perfectly. i dont know how many frame's per secont i get but it only hickups in the beginning of games when people are still joining, same with BF2: after 1 minute, it stops hickuping for the rest of the round.
          Ok, so that answers my question. Thanks!

Comment

wow :row__520: :row__543: :row__679: :row__737:

so i actually helped someone on their thread comment instead of posting stuff about my life or stuff totally irrevalant to the subject! im so happy!!! :D

Comment

My laptop has a 9600 64MB and it runs BF2 great. 2x AA, geometry medium, everything else low. FPS is max 50 but I'd say averages around 35. The only problem is the harddrive being so slow so load times are 5 minutes.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

ya, i have bad load times on my machine too. i think thats normal thought because it has to load up all of that info every time for new maps and the maps are huge and very complex. i just hate it when it finshes and then it takes 2 minutes verifing server info or something and im stuck listnening to the same song over and over again ;).

Comment

Turn your music off. BIG improvement. ;)
                  Beatnik

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                    Ok, there is a great deal on a HP laptop, one of the zd8000 series over at Best Buy.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1117177857975

So that's $1600, plus the rebate, 18 months 0%.

But I have no idea what the x600 is like gamewise. Can it handle BF2 on low?
                    I have an X600 in my desktop (dunno if theres any difference), anyway i have all my settings on high but 2 which are on medium, usually i set my desktop and game to 800x600 for a nice framerate of about 30.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X