No announcement yet.

Freezer Burn

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freezer Burn

I've recently purchased a BFG Nvidia 7800 GTX and another Gig of RAM. I already have a gig and I run it on an Athlon 64 3800+. My computer runs everything in high settings just fine w/ 4X AA. Problem is it freezes up after about an 1hr of gameplay...I thought it might be a heat issue, all my settings are normal- no overclocking. I found that my ave. system temp hovered at around 49-51 max while playing BF2. I've tried lowering my settings and it still froze.

So..I was wondering if bad RAM could cause this. I've got 2 pairs that are PC 3200 400 except that the 1st pair I bought was a kingston value ram dual pack with a "/1gb" on the end of the model number and the new pair bought separately was also kingston value ram except they had "/512R" on it. I contacted kingston and they said it was compatible. Any thoughts?

Re: Freezer Burn

Perhaps Ram, perhaps overheating on the videocard, and perhaps underpowered.
    that system needs a good 450W+ PSU. BFG cards are overclocked stock, so they run hot. that CPU temp is well below danger levels. 60Cish is when you need to worry about it.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed