DoD source issues plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DoD source issues plz help

sup people. Im new here at TG so i dont know to many people except wyz, keres, o8
    & a few others on n/s server. Hope to get to know a few on css server soon, but any way i have a tech question that im hoping somebody can answer for me. as everybody prob knows that DoD souce came out monday, well i had it preloaded right cuz i have gold edition, so anyway it got decripted right, well it wouldnt load so i dumped everything reloaded steam, reloaded dod same thing wont load, when ur play menu is up & u click on dod source it does like it suposed to quits, u can here the comp working likes its going to load then quits. I went to steam forums there are several people same exact complaint, prob will be a patch i dont know but if somebody can help much appreciated. Steam prob wont answer for about a month about hundred pages of complaints, game sounds like it has a lot of glitches. LATER.

Re: DoD source issues plz help

I'm not sure exactly what you said. Punctuation and capitalization are your friends...

What do you mean "you dumped everything"?
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

after tonights patch theres problem with loading dod:s
      problem on valves part. i hope they fix it tomorrow

Comment

Hmm, works fine for me. Are you talking about the "This game is not available right now" error? You just have to close Steam and then start it again...
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Cingular sorry for the punctuation im a lazy typer.
          What i meant about dumped is that i reloaded steam, then reloaded DoD source.
          It still didnt work. On steam forums it seams only the people with Radeon ATI video cards have the problem. There is no message that say error or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by bullet
            Cingular sorry for the punctuation im a lazy typer.
            Keep being a lazy typer and I'll start being a lazy reader- I won't read your stuff.
            What i meant about dumped is that i reloaded steam, then reloaded DoD source.
            What do you mean "reloaded"? You closed the program and then started it again? You uninstalled and then reinstalled it?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
              What do you mean "reloaded"? You closed the program and then started it again? You uninstalled and then reinstalled it?
              Yeah, speak in a more technical manner and we'll be able to help better.

And about lazy typing, even if you don't catch alot of spelling mistakes (I ALWAYS typo "even" as "evne"), try and notice what you typo most and look for it in your posts. Punctuation isn't as much of a must but it's very nice to see, it makes it easier to read. Most people can still understand it without FULL proper punctuation.

If you write in walls of text and don't use periods or commas, however, barely anyone will read it. You seem to be on a good path for now.

Comment

Yes I reinstalled steam & DoD Source. Im still working on this problem. Steam came out with an update couple days ago, it didnt help. I also updated video card. I have radeon 9600 allinwonder, updated to 5.9 All my other games work fine, n/s-css-dod.

Ok let me try to explain this a little better. When i log onto steam & click on my icon my games list comes up. I hit games then click on dod source, u can here the computer working like its loading & the screen shows loading dod source. Then the when game should show up on the screen nothing happens.

Dont know what to do.

Comment

Yes I reinstalled steam & DoD Source. Im still working on this problem. Steam came out with an update couple days ago, it didnt help. I also updated video card. I have radeon 9600 allinwonder, updated to 5.9 All my other games work fine, n/s-css-dod.

Ok let me try to explain this a little better. When i log onto steam & click on my icon my games list comes up. I hit games then click on dod source, u can here the computer working like its loading & the screen shows loading dod source. Then the when game should show up on the screen nothing happens.

Dont know what to do.
                  Are you running ZoneAlarm?
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

No. No zone alarm. Im not sure wat that is.
                    I have turned off my firewall also, doesnt help.
                    Im not the only one with this problem. On the steam forums theres about twenty people with same exact problem. Im going to search those forums again to see if they figured it out.

Comment

Disable windows firewall? The only thing that would cause it to stop working is a firewall or video issue, in the way your describing. If you reinstall steam, make sure you delete the Valve folder too.

- -

Comment

Re: DoD source issues please help

No. No zone alarm.
                        That's too bad, because you're exactly describing what happens to me every time I install or update a Steam game. Zonealarm blocks network access and pops up the little dialogue balloon, but the game doesn't let the balloon take the desktop focus. So, the balloon is there in the bottom right corner, and the mouse can click on buttons and stuff, but it's simply not visible.
                        Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

high jack...what is the IP for the server.
                          that sounds like a good idea trooper.
                          -Vulcan

Comment

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/forumdisplay.php?f=213 reserve slot system info in their too.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X