Need help - connectivity issues after moving

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help - connectivity issues after moving

OK - here's my situation. I just moved and have been waiting for a new graphics card. I finally got it today and it seems to work OK, but I can't connect to the net on my main PC. However, my cable modem and wireless router (Linksys WRT54GS) have been working fine with my laptop, and I can interact with the router through my main pc. I just can't get online.

I think it's because I set up a static IP for the main computer to forward ports and let Azureus run better, and switching ISPs may be the reason for this. Now I'm extremely ignorant when it comes to networking, and I'm even surprised I could do something as simple as forward my ports in the first place.

Any suggestions around what I can do with this would be appreciated. If you see this between now and say 8 pm EDT and have an idea how I can get up and going, pls IM me at the name listed in my profile (its AOL IM). Thanks.
    Beatnik

Re: Need help - connectivity issues after moving

You didn't put a static IP in the main computer that could have been given out to your laptop, did ya? I think Linksys starts at like 192.168.1.100 for the DHCP addresses, but my router isn't stock any more so I can't verify.

What IP address do you have assigned to the main computer?
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

I helped him with it. What exactly made it work I couldn't tell you, but...well, it's working now =P
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Yeah - it took at least 2 hours, but we got it going. THANKS man. No I got TG on a 32" LCD TV. Can't wait to see BF2 on this mama. :)
        Beatnik

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X