Professional Web Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Professional Web Space

I'm looking to start a new service for my clients where they would have their own website. It would be a central location for their transaction information like photos, documents, maps, calendar, etc.

The business is not IT related at all, so the sites would be simple and small. So, I'm looking for a web hosting service that is cheap, cheap, cheap. All I would need is 300-500 mb or so, because the pages would be temporary for 30-90 days.

Any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!
    New to TG?

Re: Professional Web Space

why not set up your own linux server that will do that.......im know we have linx people here that could show you or point you in the right direction.
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

http://www.wildwestdomains.com/

Chiddidy-check them out. Barring that, GoDaddy's regular hosting schtick starts at $3.95 a month.
      [volun2]
      NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
      Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
      <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
      <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

www.webhost4life.com
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

What is your monthly price range? If you could swing ~$100/month you could get your own dedicated server that could be used to host tons of client web sites. You could even provide them with either a Plesk or CPanel interface to manage their site.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
            What is your monthly price range? If you could swing ~$100/month you could get your own dedicated server that could be used to host tons of client web sites. You could even provide them with either a Plesk or CPanel interface to manage their site.
            Probably $50/mo max. I wouldn't need more than 10 sites at a time, and they would be temporary. The site will really be more of a dumping ground for me to put all their stuff so they have easy access to it, and can show it off to friends and family with an easy link.

I like the basic idea of the Webhost4life.com service. They have a site builder wizard for simple quick web pages, cheap domain names, 1000 mb disk space, and it's $20 bucks setup plus $4.95 monthly....not bad. That kind of turn-key outfit is more my speed. Thanks for that one Asch. Have you used them?
            New to TG?

Comment

Maybe not the CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP you're looking for, but HOSTMATTERS.COM has given me excellent, timely service. They're pretty cheap, hosting is stable and fast, and they've got room for extras like domain names/subdomains/virtual domains, email addresses, MySQL databases and the Fantastico package for point and click set up of lots of useful scripts.

Biggest drawback I think is the low storage space, but photos/docs/maps/calendars should not need a lot of storage space, unless you're talking about hundreds of hi-res photos.
              [volun]

Comment

I have my little website hosted at http://www.jaguarpc.com/ Been with them for probably 3 years now, so I guess they haven't made me mad enough to switch :) They have reseller and VPS accounts if you need those, but I just have the simple account.
                Battlefield Admin() ()
                [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
                [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
                | for | |

Comment

Have you considered Yahoo's GeoCities hosting? They've got some good deals for a large, well-respected company...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                    Have you considered Yahoo's GeoCities hosting? They've got some good deals for a large, well-respected company...
                    Nope, but I'll check it out, thanks!
                    New to TG?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...