S-Video

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S-Video

So I just hooked up my Viper V330 video card, and plugged the S-video port into my tv. Now, uh... how do I make stuff appear on my tv? It's on the "S-VIDEO" channel, but it's not showing a desktop or anything, and I have no idea how to make videos play on it.

Thanks!

Re: S-Video

did you try restarting your PC? With the S-Video plugged in that is.

Comment

Well, I restarted a couple times and got it to where it finally recognized the hardware. The driver's fully updated. I can go into Display>Settings and it shows two monitors (I have two video cards in now). I activate the second, but nothing seems to show on it. I imagine it's cause it is looking for something plugged into the monitor slot. I'm kind of at a loss, for I've never used s-video before...

Comment

Originally posted by poe
        Well, I restarted a couple times and got it to where it finally recognized the hardware. The driver's fully updated. I can go into Display>Settings and it shows two monitors (I have two video cards in now). I activate the second, but nothing seems to show on it. I imagine it's cause it is looking for something plugged into the monitor slot. I'm kind of at a loss, for I've never used s-video before...
        You have reached the bottom of the barell of my knowledge....last time I used my S-video it was plug in, restart, and play.

Comment

ATI or Nvidia?
          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Well my other video card is Nvidia, and I just downloaded their software to try to get it to work.

It's weird though. It detects the TV and everything, and I set it up so it should work... but nothing shows on the TV. I am starting to think something is wrong with the card, because if I try plugging my monitor into it, I get nothing.

Comment

So, let me get this right... you have 2 video cards, one with only a monitor connection, and the other with a monitor and s-video connection? I'm confused as to why you still use the original card... I realy dont know much about that setup. Sorry!!

I have one video card. It supports DV, Monitor and s-video. I have my monitor hooked up, and my s-video to my tv with the same card. Typicly, I would play my movies on my extended (s-video to tv) desktop, and continue my regular stuff (game, forums, email, etc) on my monitor.
              birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

Well when I plug my monitor into the new card, nothing seems to show up... I'm betting that's probably my problem.

Comment

Two separate graphics cards? Is it supposed to work like that? I've heard of two monitors of of one card, and I've heard of running two video cards in parallel (SLI), but I'm not familiar with running two video cards separate from each other...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Maybe that's why it doesn't work. I haven't heard of it either, but I was like "Hey! The card fits in this extra space here. Let's try it!" Thanks.

Comment

You can use multiple graphics cards to run multiple monitors if your's doesen't support it or if your'e crazy and want to run 3 or 4 at the same time. Only thing is it doesen't improve performance, that's the point of SLI. You can't run 4 monitors, but the 2 cards work together and improve performance for the one monitor. That being said, sorry, can't help you with the S-video problem.

---

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X