Wanna OC athlon xp 3000+ to xp 3200+

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna OC athlon xp 3000+ to xp 3200+

yea if any of u TG tech head know how to do it plz reply. My MB is A7N8X-X and im using ddr 400 Ram

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
    Delta MICS
    Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Re: Wanna OC athlon xp 3000+ to xp 3200+

You increase the FSB in the bios, start with 5 MHz at a time. And read your Mobo manual becuase if you increase it to much and everything goes bad you will need to clear CMOS. Unless you have another way or bringing the original settings back. I know my old Athlon XP didnt so it wasnt always easy to do.

Keep a close look on your temps as well, there is also a good program to run but i forgot the name sadly, its a torture test for the CPU. Its something with "95" in the name.

If your computer locks up randomly or your programs become unstable after you overclock you might want to reduce your FSB to normal levels.
    If you can read this, thank your teachers.

Currently playing under name: Bleach

Comment

Use Prime95 and MemTest to check out the stability of your overclock. You may have to run these programs for hours and hours to ensure stability.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

You can also google for that board and overclocking and see some results others have done. I use a K8n myself and found an article at Overclockers that gave me the best speed to run my CPU.

Note: If you go to high the computer may not POST. In which case you'll have to reset the cmos.

- -

Comment

Read this: http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=1804&page=1

And read this but this one is for vid cards but its better to know then not too. http://www.pcstats.com/articleview.c...id=1803&page=1
          RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
          TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
          7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
          "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
          "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

it used to be that you could adjust the multiplier as well as the FSB, but the new AMD's all have their multiplier locked, so that even if you change the multiplier setting in the bios it will have no affect on the multiplier of the CPU.
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

^^^To add to spyder only the FX series is unlocked in terms of its multiplier. The other Athlon 64s are unlocked in the sense that you can go lower then the stock setting but you can't go higher.
              RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
              TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
              7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
              "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
              "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

hmmm so far no luck i think its locked. im tryin to find anythin on google that would help but no luck yet. thx for ur help so far im lookin at the urls u guys have given me.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                Delta MICS
                Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse