Good motherboard or not??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good motherboard or not??

Wasup, been looking at new boards 'n' proccessors for my pc, My main aim is to get my machine good for bf2 at least, here are my specs at the moment:

ATI radeon 9500 256mb
    40gb Hard drive
    MSI ( Micro-Star ) Pentium 4
    Two 512 DDR Ram stcks ( 1024 mb )
    Intel Celeron

Please tell me whether this motherboard is any good for gaming needs and if it includes a amd proccesser ( im no good with checking these things ) also if all my hardware i posted above will work fine with this board thanks.

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/sto...d&tm=undefined
    Abehep

Re: Good motherboard or not??

That's an AMD board, it's a good board. DFI is mostly known for it's ability to be integrated into a LAN type environment, hence the 4 serial ATA slots that can make a serious raid configuration and hardware monitor leds. I personally prefer something that has features for the single gaming type. That would be fan control, CPU overclocking, control over the agp and memory. Asus and MSI seem to be the best out there IMO.

Check out the Asus A8n series of motherboards.

- -

Comment

MSI is a good brand, but be aware that it's a self-proclaimed bargain brand.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

That's the board i have. Rock solid. I haven't oc'ed anything yet so i can't really help you on that front. Maybe some reviews (I think there's a good one an anandtech) would have some more info there. If you want the Oc-ing i wouldn't reccomend the MSI though b/c there board don't seem to clock as high as others in testing.

---

Comment

Pengiun, This board has good potential for gaming? And all my hardware will work fine with this board?? I personally think it looks quite promising, but your the experts :D im not bothered about the oc'ing, I just want to be able to put it in install it, all the necassary stuff and get going with my gaming. Also how will i know if this board fits into my case? and if it doesnt what steps to i take to make it? Thanks and Would preciate more reviews !
          Abehep

Comment

Ok listen up guys i realised i cannot buy that board, So i would like a suggestion board that can handle all of my needs and support my hardware ( maybe even have a pci-express slot just incase i need it )This board should be suitable for games like bf2, DOD: Source E.t.c And it should be as simple to go into my local computer shop and ask for that specific board to be ordered, also a nice review of it wouldn't go a miss,thanks
            Abehep

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X