New Logitech "G7" Wireless Gaming Mouse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Logitech "G7" Wireless Gaming Mouse

Okay Gang.... Anyone else trying out this new Logitech "G7" Gaming Mouse?

It is the same as the new "G5" wired mouse, but instead.... it is wireless, hence they call it the G7. It has the same laser workings as the reputable MX 1000, but unlike the Logitech 518 that so many use, this one has up to 2000 dpi adjustable speed settings rather than the 518's 1600. Not a real biggy, but it is super swift when in a tank turret on spinning that baby around! The stock settings are 2000 (lightihng quick), 800 (Normal) and then 400 (Sniper slow and for fine tune shooting). It also has some great software where you can change your settings (50 point increments) from 50 to 2000. And, you can even program five different adjustable settings! Uber slow at 200, then 500, 900, 1400 and lightening quick at 2000. I have found that 2,000dpi takes some real getting used to. You spin around so fast that you loose realtion to where you are.

I've only had it for three days and have some issues...

For example, the thumb button (there is only one!..damn) is a little touchy. Perhaps it is only my nouse, but some of the time it will not work at all! I have it set to bring up my knife. Another thing, you get two (2) removable weighted batteries with the system. Each is supposed to last for approx. 10 hours. I find they last a little less. Once in a game I found that I could not shoot or operate any mouse buttons. Damn! Switched the battery in three seconds and voila! It worked great. This set-up has a nifty charging system built right into the desktop transceiver that will trickle charge them to full in 10 hours on slow (per the manual), or kick in "boost" and get the job done in two. They charge for game play faster than advertised. You have two batteries so it is really not an issue at all.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this new rodent out for gaming and if you are having a thumb button sensitivity issue that I experience? Some Servers it seems to work perfect, and other times it doesn't work at all. Sometimes when the battery goes low I loose the button usage also. I tried binding reload and pick-up to the mouse tilt left and tilt right buttons and it worked for a little while and then failed. You can also push down on the scroll wheel itself for a programmable button. Seems the button issue on my particular mouse gives me intermittent performance. Does anyone else have this experience?

I'll do a more intense follow-up after I shake this thing down more and put more time into it.

Thanks for your replies!!

Double-Tap
    "Voodoo-Sniper" on the field

Re: New Logitech "G7" Wireless Gaming Mouse

Well here is a short follow-up after another 4 days of playing Battlefiled 2 and the "G7" Mouse. In short, I am returning it! The buttons operate so intermittenly it's ridiculous! Went back to the tried and true Microsoft Mouse that works every time. Damn shame too 'cause I liked this one. Might consider the Logitech MX 1000 that Ultrablue and others use, but all I am gaining there is a few more mouse buttons (if they work?) and no adjustable speed buttons, which is what I really wanted. Perhaps, a look at the Razor mouse of others.

Comment

Hey, you guys should get the G5 mouse, its basicly the same thing but it has better responses and the side button always works. And this one has a weight system which is awesome. Plus it looks much cooler. :)

Comment

If you like the mouse otherwise, exchange it instead of returning it. Maybe you just got the last one made on a Friday afternoon?
        Battlefield Admin() ()
        [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
        [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
        | for | |

Comment

I got G5 couple of days ago and I love it!
          |TG|Bodark
          96th Assault Group

Comment

Sounds like you're just getting wireless interference or something. Make sure the receiver is close to the mouse and that the mouse has a clear line of sight.

Comment

THe 518 has two thumb buttons and adjustable sensitivity. There is also software that lets you set it. Default is 400-800-1600 or so and I have it set to 400-800-1200-1600. I would like more buttons, though. Switching weapons quickly is something I haven't mastered with the n52/MX518 combo yet.

Comment

this great im getting a g5

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse