phpBB2 forum problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phpBB2 forum problem

If you do not know alot about phpBB2 forums and mySQL databases then read no further.

Ok here's my problem. I was working on setting the cookie on some phpBB2 forums i had just setup for a class project when all hell broke loose. I didn't set it correctly and now I can't login, which means I can't login to fix the mistake I made. As far as I know then only way now to fix this is to edit one or so of the mySQL tables associated with it to reset the cookie information.

So if you know what I can do to fix this then please let me know. This is a big project and I really need to get this fixed.

~ Please do not spam this thread with worthless posts.

Thankyou,

Phantom

Re: phpBB2 forum problem

well you need to check the specs on the rotary gurder so that your RPMs arent out of sync...Once you do that get a .dmg sniffer to check the output signal strength.............
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

LOL..

Phantom. If you JUST installed it then I would wipe the database contents and do a new clean install and set the cookie properly. It'll take less time to do that than anything else. Just re-run the install program and let it create new DB tables.

On the other hand. phpBB is a DANGEROUS app to run. There are tons and tons of vulnerabilities and remote exploits. If you're running a phpBB site it can be compromised and anyone out there on the net can be executing code remotely on your web server in a matter of minutes.
      Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

so i was wrong?
        that sounds like a good idea trooper.
        -Vulcan

Comment

I fixed it last night, thanks anyways guys. Google helped me fix it, just wrote a simple little php page, uploaded it to my site, navigated to it, and bam it reset my cookie. And Apophis this isn't anything long term it is just for 2 weeks or so, for a school project, so no worries about security really.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
            And Apophis this isn't anything long term it is just for 2 weeks or so, for a school project, so no worries about security really.
            Unless my minions slice there way in and post spam all over the place praising the almighty Jaffa Cake.

Oh wait - you said you didn't want worthless spam? My bad :icon_lol:

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Minion awaiting bidding............still waiting...........:D.

Ya, i understand from Apo that there are tons of security breaches possible using phpBB. i tried to use it on the TG webspace but there isnt a database program so thats alright. freewebs also dosent have one so you have to pay for a site if you want to run a program like phpBB. are you going to use phpBB2 or one of the older ones?

Comment

phpBB is bad.. :-)

Even if we did have database availability for member's site, there's no way on earth I would let anyone run phpBB off this server. More and more web hosting companies are disallowing phpBB (which includes phpBB2) from their servers for very good reason.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Yeah but it is a good looking free forum software that is highly customizable. I can't afford to purchase some sort of forum software to use for 2 weeks, or even longer I just don't have the money.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X