Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sitting in front of two machines, two monitors, & a KVM?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sitting in front of two machines, two monitors, & a KVM?

http://fredrik.hubbe.net/win2vnc.html

WOW. I've been dreaming of this exact piece of software since I added a second monitor to my desk to drive my second PC.

WOW, WOW, WOW.

Until now, I've had one keyboard, one mouse, two machines, and two monitors. The keyboard and mouse are connected to a KVM switch, which connects to both machines. The two monitors on my desk connect to my two machines (one to the first, the other to the second). So, I can always see what's on the screen of the second machine, but, to drive the second machine, I have to slap SCROLL LOCK twice to switch my keyboard and mouse to that machine. This is awesome for gaming, as I use the second monitor to monitor the server with admin tools on the second monitor while I play on the first. If I need to drive the second machine during my game, I slap SCROLL LOCK twice, do my deed on the second machine, and slap SCROLL LOCK twice to return to the game on my first machine (most tasks can be done in the time it takes to respawn -- people never even know I "left", and the game never leaves my first monitor, as my first machine has no knowledge of the second).

But, at work, I have two monitors on the SAME MACHINE, which means I simply drag my mouse off the right side of the primary monitor for the mouse to automatically move to the second monitor. This is ... well... it changes how you use a computer, especially as a professional. It's awesome.

At home, I wanted the same convenience (no SCROLL LOCK slapping), but I didn't want the hassle that dual monitors (on the same system) can create for a gaming system, so I settled for my KVM and was happy.

In the back of my head, though, I always wanted the ability to effortlessly move my mouse from monitor to monitor of my TWO systems at home, just like I do on my ONE system at work, when I'm NOT in games at home while still having the simplicity of a single-monitor system when I *am* in game.

Now, I've got it. Wow. This is awesome.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Re: sitting in front of two machines, two monitors, & a KVM?

Reason # 4928293472 to hate Wyzcrak: He has 2 computers capable of running games, and has 2 monitors to go along with them. :p

Comment

The second machine is a 300Mhz (Mhz.. remember those?) box with 128MB RAM (I won't even mention the video card) and no sound card.

Yeah, it's a "gaming machine" if you count sol.exe.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Well duh of course i count sol.exe, who wouldn't count that??

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom
          Well duh of course i count sol.exe, who wouldn't count that??
          Most popular PC game ever...
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X