Logitech G15 keyboard + LCD coding

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logitech G15 keyboard + LCD coding

I just ordered a logitech G15 keyboard.... PRIMARILY for the switchable F-Lock key (die damn you, DIE!) and for the backlit keys, because I'm so tired of squinting for the right key in lower light *tosses old black keyboard out the window with a flip of the finger*.

Now there' a bunch of fanboys making apps/mods for the LCD screen this thing has. Has any of the competent uber coders here made anything useful? I use the in-game HUDs for my info (monitor), wondering what other benefit there is to this thing... Oh hey, maybe a mod can be made for BF2 that says whether there is a Commander or not... oooor, how much ammo my other weapons have without switching through them.... oooor.... Maybe how many flags each side has, or who last killed me

Actually, that'd be awesome - the LCD screen could maintain who i killed, and who last killed me because there's so much info zipping by on the monitor, it's tough to keep track!
    |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Re: Logitech G15 keyboard + LCD coding

I just got one of those as well - but I think you're mixing keyboards up.
    The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 has an "F-Lock" key toggling alternate functions for the function keys.
    The Logitech G-15 has a switch to turn off the Windows key.

Anyway, check this site for the best info on mods for the LCD.
    http://www.g15forums.com/
    To my knowledge, only two have yet been created. One monitors network traffic, and the other works similarly to TSOverlay - putting transmission and channel-switching data on the LCD.

Check in the installation directory, and you'll find a C++ SDK for the LCD, which amounts to a helper class to give you interface calls into the display.

Additionally, and I don't know much about it, there is an app called LCDHype. As far as I can tell, it interprets scripts and runs them through it's code and interacts with the LCD. So, you can write some scripts rather than C++ and get some basic functionality on the screen. LCDHype appears to have been written for any LCD screen which adheres to the general specs for those type of things (to which the G15 also adheres).

That's all I know.
    "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
    - Lazarus Long

Comment

Originally posted by StrikeFear
      I just got one of those as well - but I think you're mixing keyboards up.
      The Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 has an "F-Lock" key toggling alternate functions for the function keys.
      The Logitech G-15 has a switch to turn off the Windows key.
      I know the G15 has a switch, thats what I'm saying. my current black logitech has a F-Lock key right beside the Email key, so in low light if i hit the wrong button (i hate this thing)... bang, into windows, and I come back as worm food.

So the G15 will have the following advantages: switch to turn off f-lock, windows, and some other key (forget which one), illuminated keys, 18 G-keys for presets, and a LCD info screen... so, a good upgrade :D

i hope more games support the LCD though, it could prove useful, tho I doubt I'll get into the habit of looking down at my keyboard for info, so it'll most likely be there to check on any other non-hid details while i wait for a respawn. Maybe someone will make a dancing banana animation for it, I can watch him dance for 15 seconds... :P

Comment

Lol! :)
        "You live and learn. Or you don't live long."
        - Lazarus Long

Comment

It does not have an f lock key. i have the keyboard. i have been looking for mods because the keyboard only supports 2 games right now. sin and some other one. it hink max payne. you can find it on logitech forums. I love this keyboard. A bit to big for lanning but looks awsome and is worth every cent.

Comment

I don't see how illuminated keys are useful. Are you still looking down at your keyboard while typing? Get 'Meavis Beacon teaches typing'
            for $10 and you don't have to do the eagle drop style typing any more. I look at the screen when I type...

Comment

fine, it technically doesnt have an "f-lock key", but i'm talking about the switch that disables all the typical annoying buttons (start key, etc!), dammit. :P

lights work better for me in lowlight (keyboard tray), if i'm hunting for a specific key, no probs!

Comment

I like my Saitek Eclipse :)

I dont really need the illuminated keys of it at all, but they look awesome :D

Comment

Originally posted by JME.Fidelity
                  I like my Saitek Eclipse :)

I dont really need the illuminated keys of it at all, but they look awesome :D
                  I've been looking into one of those, they look really nice. By the way, does the eclipse have have any keys like 'Power', 'Sleep', 'Wake up', or the like? I couldn't tell from the pictures I've seen but the Power button on my current keyboard is nice. It's out of the way so I never hit it by accident, but when I want to shut down I just hit the button and leave. I don't have to go through the stupid windows menu to shutdown or open up the front of my case to hit the power button. It's not a big deal, it's just a nice feature.

Anyway, what's your opinion of the Saitek Eclipse? (Besides just "I like my Saitek Eclipse")
                  AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Originally posted by millipede777
                    I've been looking into one of those, they look really nice. By the way, does the eclipse have have any keys like 'Power', 'Sleep', 'Wake up', or the like? I couldn't tell from the pictures I've seen but the Power button on my current keyboard is nice. It's out of the way so I never hit it by accident, but when I want to shut down I just hit the button and leave. I don't have to go through the stupid windows menu to shutdown or open up the front of my case to hit the power button. It's not a big deal, it's just a nice feature.

Anyway, what's your opinion of the Saitek Eclipse? (Besides just "I like my Saitek Eclipse")
                    No the saitek eclipse doesnt have any shut down buttons or anything. It only has volume control and a button for changing between 3 lighting levels (high, low, off).

Whats my opinion?
                    -Great tactile feedback.
                    -Incredibly modern and cool looking
                    -Adjustable wrist wrest is very comfortable.
                    -Keys are very quiet

What more is there to say? :)

Comment

Originally posted by JME.Fidelity
                      No the saitek eclipse doesnt have any shut down buttons or anything. It only has volume control and a button for changing between 3 lighting levels (high, low, off).

Whats my opinion?
                      -Great tactile feedback.
                      -Incredibly modern and cool looking
                      -Adjustable wrist wrest is very comfortable.
                      -Keys are very quiet

What more is there to say? :)
                      Sounds pretty good. The power buttons weren't really an issue. I was just wondering, since the only close-ups I've seen of the ecplise are of a few keys when they're lit up (Which looks totally awesome, by the way). Thanks for the info.
                      AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X