• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell to use AMD processors.

Ripped from slashdot.

http://hardware.slashdot.org/hardwar...id=142&tid=137
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: Dell to use AMD processors.

Perhaps my next PC will be a Dell!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Yes... The prices are go even lower with the cut from AMD processors... AMD should do more marketing and get its brand name out there... Intel is doing a heck of a job at that...

But last I heard AMD was taking over the market share...

Comment

^^^^You can blame that on me and others. Just about everyone that knows and/or cares about computers prefers AMD at this point. I sell AMD computers unless someone wants Intel but I usually let them know about AMD. Same goes for the rest of my department.
        RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
        TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
        7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
        "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
        "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

All dell needs to do now is change their cases away from the fisher price plastic and were good to go

Comment

Here's your answer

http://news.com.com/Dell+is+selling+...3-5940448.html
            XBOX GT: STEALTH C4T

Comment

about bloody time.

Hopefully they will get there finger out and make a DELL system with A64's

but it will still be a dell........
              From Adam Webb

Comment

That article is odd. Dell aiming for PC gamers. The hell? Just about every gamer I know knows that AMD blows Intel out of the water in gaming.
                RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
                7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
                "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti

[tg-c1]

Comment

Intel generally has better top-end performance. AMD's advantage is in giving more bang for the buck. You pay far less for just a bit less speed. AMD is now also considerably cooler, with Venice and San Diego cores. (I run a Venice with the stock heatsink.)
                  Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

^^^^^I find that hard to believe. Intel has nothing on the FX-57.
                    7th Infantry FTW!!!!!

[tg-c1]

Comment

Originally posted by ScratchMonkey
                      Intel generally has better top-end performance. AMD's advantage is in giving more bang for the buck. You pay far less for just a bit less speed. AMD is now also considerably cooler, with Venice and San Diego cores. (I run a Venice with the stock heatsink.)
                      intel has NOT had ANY performance LEAD since 2003
                      From Adam Webb

Comment

AMD's performance gain is all in the gaming tests. Many benchmarks have proved that. However Intel has a better performance in business end benchmarks. I believe it's always been that way.

- -

Comment

Originally posted by Vulcan
                          AMD's performance gain is all in the gaming tests. Many benchmarks have proved that. However Intel has a better performance in business end benchmarks. I believe it's always been that way.
                          I haven't been keeping up lately, but AMD has dominated all benchmarks at times in the past...
                          Become a supporting member!
                          Buy a Tactical Duck!
                          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Depends on whose benchmarks you read. I don't put a whole lot of faith in them, because they can be (and often are) skewed horribly. In the past, Intel has had better processors for application based work, period. AMD Only recently started to make a significant splash with some of the stuff in their 64 line.
                            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
                            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
                            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
                            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
                            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Heck yes! AMD Is such a great processer, ive got a A64 3200+ currently, and its thee best!!!

Im glad others will have the option to try them out.
                              Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X