what should I do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what should I do?

I was on the verge on ordering a new rig with a X2 4200+ and a 7800GTX 256, but then a couple days later they realeased the 512 and I cancelled my order and now i'm in a delemma. I don't know if i should spend the extra money like 200 more on the 512 card or just get the rig I was going to get. In order to get the 512 card I would have to wait a while longer.

SO WHAT SHOULD I DO, IS THE 512 CARD REALLY WORTH IT?

PLEASE HELP

(\__/)
    (O.o )
    (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Re: what should I do?

I bought Geforce 7800 GTX OC 512MB. I'm still waiting for mine 7-21day to ship out.
    [TG-5th JTF] LuNiSiCx
    5th Joint Task Force

[squadl]
    [ma-c1][ma-c2]

Comment

No games out right now take advantage of the extra memory. It's just for bragging rights ATM. I'd say you're better off getting the 256 and using the extra money on something else.

---

Comment

anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

(\__/)
        (O.o )
        (> < ) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination!

Comment

I wouldn't bother spending the extra on the 512 card - there is not a massive difference in speeds between them to justify the price increase. Just get hold of Rivtuner and OC your card - your probably get pretty close speeds to the 512 card.

256 Card
          Core clock 460MHz
          24 Pixel Pipelines
          1300MHz+ GDDR3

512 Card
          Core clock 580MHz+
          24 Pixel Pipelines
          1750MHz+ GDDR3

Also do you really want to spend that much on an FX card, the way PCI express is going they will drop in price by $200 within a year.
          [defense]

Comment

It'll be a good year before the extra memory is actually needed for anything, and by then it'll be out-performed by the next wave of new technologies in video cards anyway. Save yourself the $$ and stick with the 256.
            a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
            Celibacy is not Hereditary.
            Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
            Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
            Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

The only way that 512 is going to do you any good, is if your running major video or 3-d processing.

Stick with the 256.

- -

Comment

yea I was thinking that too but I just want to able to play games on high setting for the next year or so. but i'm not sure that if i ewould be able to do so with the 256 card. so ?

(\__/)
                (O.o )

Comment

anyone else have any suggestions

(\__/)
                  (O.o )

Comment

hello any suggestions :(

(\__/)
                    (O.o )

Comment

You could always use the 512 for this:

http://graphics.stanford.edu/projects/brookgpu/

(No, I'm not serious.)
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by iceman369
                        hello any suggestions :(
                        Think everyone just about covered this Ice. The 512 is faster, has a higer chip speed, but if no game available in the next year will take advantage of it, then you are better off going for more RAM.

Comment

Yea man your not going to see any noticable increase in performance by upgrading to a 512mb card right now.

Only a few games can even take advantage of it, and in those games you may see an extremely small difference, but its just not worth the price.

I like my dual 265mb 7800gtx's just fine :)

Comment

alright thanks guys

peace out

(\__/)
                            (O.o )

Comment

yea so i had a question for u guys. How long will the 7800GTX play games on high . I was thinking for at lest a year or two? so what u think? second is that should I go for the dual core 3800+ and oc it to 4200+ speeds for gaming or just buy a X2 4200+. I do want a dual core for gaming if u ask cause I can just oc and it will be as good as a single core one

(\__/)
                              (O.o )

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X