Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP's Plug and Play Help???

Hey...

for some reason my plug and play on my XP does not work....

I dont know what it is....

every time i plug some thing in i have to restart my comp in order for it to be recognized.

Does anyone have any ideas why this happens...

Thx.

Cause XP sux? Seriously, try updating your Mobo drivers.

Comment

What kinds of things are you plugging in? USB stuff should not require a restart unless specific software for it needs a restart.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

yes its is USB stuff...

it could be a mouse a joystick and my mp3 player...

nothing picks up unless i reboot. its very annoying

Comment

What are you system specs? Have you tried updating your mobo drivers like Cobra suggested?

- It's who you game with.

Comment

sounsa like power issue in the USB port. how long has it been going on?

First start by going to device manager ( start button, control panel, (set to classic mode) sytem, hardware tab, device manager button) and uninstall every thing in Universal serial buss, then reboot, let win XP reinstall and then see how it works from there.

Also pick a day that it was working fine and do system restore to that day

start, programs, accessories, system tools, system restore.

If the restore works then it was some driver issue if not then it is a power issue.

The reason it is working when you reboot is because USB ports are getting all the power they need as soon as you reboot
            WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

ok seems to bw working now

Comment

Dragon hit it right on. uninstall reboot reinstall. If that doesn't help and it worked within the lastworked in last week before you madea change of some sort retore to that date.
                "they're more like guidelines, than actual rules,"....Captain Barbossa - Pirates of the Caribbean

Comment

Originally posted by billybob
                  ok seems to bw working now
                  sweet
                  WARNING: DO NOT LET DR. MARIO TOUCH YOUR GENITALS. HE IS NOT A REAL DOCTOR.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X