TV Cards...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Cards...

Im building a Media Centre barebones system with the below spec which I have just picked up cheap....

Biostar IDEQ210V
    AMD Athlon 2800 333MHZ
    1 gig Crucial RAM
    80gig Western D

+ Win XP Media Centre Edition

Im looking for a TV card that will take a SKY Signal, i know nothing about these cards as i have never used them before, could any1 recommend me some or give me some advise on what i should be looking for. My budget is pretty flexible but under 60 ($102) would be nice.
    [defense]

Re: TV Cards...

I don't know that much about TV cards but i did look into them a little once and from what i hear Happuage is a good brand too look into. I'm assuming SKY is the UK's satallite TV so i figure they should have a card that would work with it.

---

Comment

Hauppage is the way to go, I have one and love it, it uses hardware so it doesnt drain my CPU while running.

I dont know if any of the hauppages are under a 100 though.

Az
      [age-c1][command]

Comment

I have an older hauppauge card and I love it. If you look at that brand, check out the 150 or 500. The numbers are confusing, but the 150 is the latest and the 500 is the dual tuner card which lets you record one channel and watch another at the same time.

Edit...
        You'll see cards with the numbers 250 or 350. Even though these are higher numbers, the 150 is the newer model.
        |TG-12th| asch
        sigpic

Comment

I had a Hauppauge a while back. It was pretty good, but then I sold it because I decided I didnt need to watch tv on my computer monitor...

It didnt look that great and sometimes the reception sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by JME.Fidelity
            It didnt look that great and sometimes the reception sucked.
            Quality isn't just based on card alone. Monitor, cable signal, etc. all effect that. I watch on my 19" LCD and the pictures is great.
            |TG-12th| asch
            sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...