No announcement yet.

BIOS setting: AGP Aperture size

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS setting: AGP Aperture size

Since I increased my AGP aperture size from 32M to 256M, I've noticed a lot less stuttering and crashes in BF2.

According to some tweak guide, this should be set at 1x to 2x your video card's RAM.

[Game rules, announcements, and SOPs ][ ][ ][ ]
    "The success of what we do depends upon people valuing the team over themselves."
    - Wulfyn

Re: BIOS setting: AGP Aperture size

it was set at 32M? jesus christmas, no wonder you had problems.
    I always have it set at 1x my video card's ram for best performance. Some people suggest 2x, but I haven't actually seen that have any additional affect. If it's set too low your card will be under-performing though, that's for sure.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: BIOS setting: AGP Aperture size

There are cases where reducing the aperature helps.

AGP uses system memory to hold textures. The aperature sets how much system memory to use. The card will attempt to use on-board memory first for textures, then "spill" into system memory via the aperature. You can discourage use of system memory by reducing the size of the aperature. But setting it too small will mean that texture-hungry games won't have enough, and the system will start "thrashing" as it shuffles textures back and forth between non-AGP system memory and the aperature or the on-board memory.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed