First Install!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Install!

Over the weekend I installed my first drive ever into my computer. It came with a 4x DVD burner when I got it, and this weekend my mom and I picked up a Sony DRU-800a to put in it, which is a 16x that also supports Dual-Layer media, and is supposedly a good burner for it. I had a little trouble with the whole slave/master thing because I had a slight misconception of how it worked, but then I checked some stuff in the computer and figured it out. It went pretty well after I decided to just put the Sony on the place of the LG instead of adding it as a new master drive. Only problem I had was I disconnected 3 small wires that I had no idea what they did, barely touched them too. Turns out they were just the power cables for the LEDs, and only needed to be plugged back in. My power LED still isn't working though :(

I also have a problem though. As you can see here:

My computer has some neon lights in it, cold cathode I think. The only problem is that the bottom bar stopped working. I've looked at it and tried some stuff to fix it, but to no avail so far. Here's what the whole thing looks like:

The tube, with the 2 wires coming out. The 2 wires end in a 3 wire connector with only two of the actual connecting things used.

The wire that supplies the actual power, only difference from the other wire is that it goes into a 2 prong connector.

What they both go through, I have no idea why they go through it though.

What I'm wondering is could I just go straight to the other wires and bypass the little chip thing? Just cut the wires and strip a little back then connect them?

Re: First Install!

if i followed you right....that is the starter for that light....you cant cut it cuase i dont think it will work...
    that sounds like a good idea trooper.
    -Vulcan

Comment

Re: First Install!

Originally posted by Trooper[SNPR]
      if i followed you right....that is the starter for that light....you cant cut it cuase i dont think it will work...
      Right. You can't bypass the circuitry and hook your power wires straight into the lamp. It must go through the ballast, first...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
      X