Freeware screengrabber

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeware screengrabber

When I pressed the print screen button in BF2 it often freezes the game for 2 seconds. So trying to solve this I found a freeware program thats grabbed a screenshot and saved this file to disk.

Boumchalak Software has a program with the name GrabCaptureScreen. I have now been trying this in proximally one month, and I think it is much better than BF2's own screen grabber.

The software distinguishes between grabbing and capturing. Like they say on their website:

"Grabbing is non-interactive. Press a key, done. The program will automatically save images to a predefined folder with predefined filenames following an auto-numbering scheme. You can define a set of commands to be performed before the image is saved.
    Capturing is interactive. You specify what to capture (7 capture modes are available) and the program will open a new document with the capture. Then, you can edit the image and finally save it to disk.
    Grab the screen at predefined time intervals. "

http://www.boumchalak.net/content/view/18/39/
    sigpic

Re: Freeware screengrabber

Wow, great find percu. Makes shots MUCh easier, and has lots of options.
    birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

http://www.nakka.com/soft/clcl/index_eng.html - that's the one I've used to take screenshots of the scrimmage scoreboards. Someone mentioned it a while ago when we were talking about how BF2 wouldn't save screenshots of those end-of-round scoreboards. It's not a screengrabber, but more of a clipboard extender, so you can have lots of things in a clipboard.. Then you can go through and select which screenshots (clipboard items) you like, send them to the real clipboard, and paste in to Paint or whatever. It even saves your clipboard items through reboots and such.
      Battlefield Admin() ()
      [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
      [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
      | for | |

Comment

The thing that I specially like with GrabCaptureScreen is its possibility to save to file. When I am playing I could hit the print screen often when I am in a respawn screen and then also got the names of the people who were in my squad. This is great if there is an AAR you want to comment.

But it is plenty of freeware screengrabbers out there, just find one you like. They are often better then the grabbers inside games.

A picture is worth 1000 words.
        sigpic

Comment

percu, you dont happen to stll have the install for this program do you? The website is a gonner.
          birdie_in_Texas:ok..i feel stupid here..what is "NS"..? Wyzcrak:Natural Selection. Don't feel at a loss for not knowing the acronym. Feel at a loss for not having experienced the game.

Comment

To bad that I did not save the install files. This is a program that I really like.

Have tired to search for it to find it somwhere else, but could not find anything.
            sigpic

Comment

I was able to find a version, but im not sure if it was the latest. Anyways, the file is posted on my website for download: http://onovia.com/download.php?view.15

Comment

I like PrntScrn.NET, can automatically upload the image and copy the image path to the clipboard
                |TG| aschmack

Comment

Ya, thats what i've been using, along with a free trial of FRAPS. I have to cut down on my programs, i swear i press printscreen and it takes 3 diffrent shots with 3 diffrent programs.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X