Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone use a gaming keyboard? Which one is the best?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use a gaming keyboard? Which one is the best?

I'm in the market for a new keyboard, and I want one that is backlit so I can see it in the dark. (Tired of dying when I jump off a building and can't open my chute cuz I hit the wrong key in the dark!) Anyway, is the Logitech the best one? Does anyone us the Saitek?

Thanks,
    Fencer

Re: Does anyone use a gaming keyboard? Which one is the best?

saitek eclipse, i own one and its awsome, just the right amount of light to illuminate just the keys and the is very punchy and responsive.

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

I saw the Logitech G15 a couple nights ago at Best Buy and it looks and feels nice. I'm a programmer and server admin so I type a lot and I need a keyboard that has the right "feel" (no click, but tactile "ker-chunk", and correct key spacing and angle). The G15 has proper key layout, yet has a transparent blue back-lit letter on each keytop, plus an additional function key array to the left (similar to the old PC/XT keyboards). I don't care about the multimedia features but it has them, and a software-accessible flip-up LCD display at top-center. And it has a couple of USB ports in its integrated hub providing a convenient place to plug in one's mouse, digital camera, and USB memory stick.
      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I have a Saitek Eclipse as well and have been very impressed with it. I've heard so-so reviews on the G15 although I have to admit the LCD is cool. Not much that uses it yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

Having said that, I am a Razer fan (I've got a Diamondback and LOVE it) and noticed this week they posted information on their 'soon-to-be-released' Tarantula keyboard. One of the neatest features to me is you can store up to 5 game profiles in the keyboard itself.

Here's some information on it...

http://www.razerzone.com/wcg2005/pdf...powerpoint.zip

According to the presentation it's shipping later this month.

Comment

I use the ZBoard with the BF2 inl;ay.

http://www.zboard.com/us/products/zb...ngkeyboard.asp

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Bubba, how do you like that ZBoard ? I saw it in one of the gaming mags and was looking to ask someone who had one.
            Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Comment

I use Nostrom game pad and really like it. It is not a keyboard.
              The Old Guy
              kin3
              sigpic

Comment

I just got a G15 and I like it so far. I especially like the Teamspeak app I got which shows me who is talking while I'm in BF2. Much better than Teamspeak Overlay for me.

I will be tinkering with the SDK for sure to see what else I can do.
                Peace through fear... since 1947!

Comment

Originally posted by BigBill
                  Bubba, how do you like that ZBoard ? I saw it in one of the gaming mags and was looking to ask someone who had one.
                  Love it. I even use it for AA with the other inlay. Takes a little getting use to but works real good for me.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by BigBill
                    BigBill if you get one let me know I've got a BF2 key set for it. (thought it was the actual board) I'll give ya a good deal. let me know
                    sigpic

Comment

I have the n52, but I still cannot get used to it. I presently use the Saitek Gamers keyboard (I think that's what it's called), which is pretty good for gaming, especially at night with the lights on the keyboard on.

Don't know if anyone has this, but I'm thinking about getting a keyboard that I first noticed in one of the recent X-treme geek catalogues, the Wolf Claw FPS Gaming keyboard. It looks similar to the Zboard, but I like the way the keys are a little closer together than the Zboard. Plus, it looks pretty cool.

Here's a link to a review of the Wolf Claw: http://www.mistix.co.uk/review.php?id=29
                      |TG-33rd|Gunrack

[squadl][defense][assault][unit]
                      [at][tg-c1]

Comment

I use a G15, love it. C an't wait for more apps for the LCD.

My only gripe about it, is the LCD funciton keys are NOT illuninated... After lighting every other key, why not those?
                        |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Originally posted by Syn
                          I use a G15, love it. C an't wait for more apps for the LCD.

My only gripe about it, is the LCD funciton keys are NOT illuninated... After lighting every other key, why not those?
                          Ya, good point. Even if they just made them silver so they reflected the screen light it would be better.

Any LCD app ideas? I made my first LCD app today, and I think my next will be a Teamspeak app. I like the one I downloaded, but I wan't much more complete TS functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by icky
                            Ya, good point. Even if they just made them silver so they reflected the screen light it would be better.

Any LCD app ideas? I made my first LCD app today, and I think my next will be a Teamspeak app. I like the one I downloaded, but I wan't much more complete TS functionality.
                            Well I was thinking about a BF2 app, covering game details that aren't present on the hud during gameplay. But you'd have to know how BF2 works that way I 'spose... Examples:

Weapon Status screen:
                            Remaining rounds for each weapon (currently you have to cycle through in order to see that)

Server info screen:
                            Server name, and IP address, and maybe have a Rules/description scroller at the bottom) - Sometimes my brother wants to play on a serve rI'm on, and hunting down those details are annoying. Best just to have that on my LCD, push a button and bam, he can write it down. ;)

Kill Info screen:
                            A screen that tracks information pertaining to YOU. For example, who killed you last (static displayed until someone else kills you) and who you've killed (which can scroll by as they happen). Great for exacting revenge :row__523:
                            The current ingame messages scroll by far too quickly, and it's something you can look at during the respawn interval. Could also include any Admin messages.
                            also, it could display where your set respawn point is (incase you forget), whether it's on the 'Village Flag' or on 'Squad Leader'. Maybe havea big X beside the point if that spawn point has been lost or is dead (SL)

Squad Info screen
                            Displays who is currenty in your squad, who is SL, and what CLASS they currently are. It's hard to tell who's what, when people start changing classes to accomodate unique combat situations (got 2 tanks rolling in? better change up to AT, etc..) This would be especially useful to Squad Leaders, without having to go back and forth to the Squad Screen - which I might add, on slower systems can take a few seconds to appear, and it also takes up the entire screen. Also could display who's alive and who's not.

Objective Screen:
                            Now, I doubt this could be implemented, because unless a command order is directly set over a flag, it's hard to tell where (and there are no displayed coordinates on the map. So if you were defending a choke point, it wouldnt be able to tell thats what it was.... But a screen that had current objectives would be awesome, i just dont think the game itself is programmed to be that flexible with information.
                            |TG|Syn - [defense] :row__572:

Comment

Doh! I already replied to the PM.

In short, some of those things are possible, but many others are not due to punkbuster not wanting people messing around with the BF2 files. I will check what you can and cannot do.

I'm starting out with a teamspeak app (needs a little more time still), and building from there. I have a few secret BF2 ideas as well. ;)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X