bluetooth

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluetooth

idk if this is possible so let me know. If i buy a USB blutooth adapter for my comp and then buy a bluetooth headset could i use it to speak in BF2 or TS or any program that there is peech capability? Also will i still be able to hear sound coming out of my speakers or will al sound be fed into the blutooth headset?

Silver

Re: bluetooth

Hopefully an admin will move this to the hardware section so it'll get better response.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I have a bluetooth headset (one ear, one mic) for my mobile phone and a USB bluetooth adapter for my PC. With the right software, you can "install" the bluetooth headset (via the bluetooth adapter in your USB port) as a micrphone (or "input device") on your PC.

Your machine treats it like it would treat any other microphone. All (if there are any) of the headaches associated with using a microphone on your PC apply here, but no more than that (once it's installed, that is). Like installing any other microphone, this new microphone doesn't do anything to keep you from hearing sound.

I've done before what you're thinking now of doing. Let me know if I can be helpful in any other capacity.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

You can set it up so you can use the mic for BF2 but all incoming transmissions will go through your primary output device. So if you set it to your sound card, your speakers will play game sounds and incoming transmissions. If you set it to the Bluetooth headset, you get game sounds and incoming transmissions in the headset.

TS is better at handling multiple sound devices. You can independently set it to have only VOIP run to the headset so that game sounds come through your speakers.

Watch out on battery life. You have to "make a call" to the headset every time you want to use it. So it's transmitting all the time. The rated talk time for the headset is important. There also isn't very much available for configuring the mic in the sound panel. You don't get mic boost so your headset may sound very faint in BF2.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

i baught my mic for about £10 which is about $16 in us and it seriously kicks ass, consider it.
          Abehep

Comment

Originally posted by Craigster
            i baught my mic for about 10 which is about $16 in us and it seriously kicks ass, consider it.
            But Bluetooth is wireless! He can talk to people while on the crapper!!

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X