Head set / Mic setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Head set / Mic setup

Ok so now that I have joined the best BF 2 gaming website / servers around I am in dire need of a headset / headphone / microphone set up.
    I can hear the team speak thru my speakers but with no mic I can't reply unless I press the old page up page down button !!

Anybody got a suggestion?

I might add my hearing isn't as good as it used to be. I don't want to spend a fortune but I don't want to get some cheap rig either.

Thanks for the help !!
    Bill

|TG-33rd|BigBill

Re: Head set / Mic setup

If you like your speakers, you can just get any ole cheap mic.. Probably less than 10 bucks at Wally World.
    Battlefield Admin() ()
    [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
    [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
    | for | |

Comment

i have this Logitech headset and it's the cat's meow!!! you can hear footsteps behind you, etc., and the sound quality is really great. i can't even play with speakers anymore...the immersion factor just isn't there.

this headset is really great for Skype or Yahoo! voice chat if you're into that as well, since it doesn't pick up the "echo" you would get if you have a mic/speaker setup.

it's around $30...i think i bought mine around August from Amazon with free shipping for that price...

Comment

I have the same headset Coridon does, the Logitech USB 350. In fact, I think of number of TGers have that headset.

I've been VERY happy with it. As Coridon pointed out, the directional audio is very good and the mic is great, I never have a problem with people hearing or understanding me (unless I accidentally mute) :).

Comment

I've got the Logitech DSP-500 and I'm very happy with it. It's not an audiophile's headset, but it's great for gaming and the mic is excellent.
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I need a head-set microphone recommendation as well. Looks like some of the producs mentioned here aren't for sale any more.
            ~~ Veritas simplex oratio est ~~
            No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

I highley recommend the Icemat Siberia usb headset!!! excellent and the mic is outstanding
              PSN= Lethal_420

Comment

I moved from the Logitech 350 mentioned in my earlier post to the Plantronics DSP-500 that CD mentioned. The only negative I ever ran into with the 350 was it resulted in ear pain after a while (I wear glasses). I have NEVER had that problem with 500.

THE DSP series is now the Audio .5XX series. Here is the current equivalent of the DSP-500.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826265014

EDIT: One of the reviews says the DSP-500s are more comfortable then these new ones if you wear glasses.. Might be worth seeing if any local stores still have some DSP-500s. I have been VERY pleased with both the mic quality and audio quality of mine.

Comment

I just opted for the sennheiser PC150. They're not circumaural so well see how that sits with me. I'm VERY used to circumaural cans. If they suck, I'll try the Plantronics. The thing with the Plantronics is, I'm not sold on USB audio devices--especially if they were ever associated with Logitech... I have a soundcard and I want to use it :)

Thanks for the quick help guys!
                  No matter how far a wizard goes, he will always come back for his hat. --T. Pratchett

<---- You know you're getting old when you rely on your forum meta-data to remind you how old you are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rincewind
                    The thing with the Plantronics is, I'm not sold on USB audio devices--especially if they were ever associated with Logitech... I have a soundcard and I want to use it :)
                    That's how I was, too. But the Plantronics DSP500 is fine for gaming and the occasional video clip. I don't listen to music with them, for that I switch over to my sound card and speakers. And, truly, that's one of the best things about my set up, instead of having to plug and unplug my headphones and speakers into the back of my PC, all I have to do is change the audio properties on my desktop. 3 clicks and I'm using my speakers to fill my house with music!
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Good point. I have used on-board sound for the last two systems I've had so the Plantronics are likely better audio quality then what I would be getting from on-board anyway.

I actually don't listen to much music on the PC. If I really want to rock I go use the huge system with 8 subs that we have at church. :)

Comment

I changed my order and added the iCEMAT cans. Apparently, they're not USB. So it's a battle between the Sennheiser powerhouse and the unheard of (ha ha, puns) iCEMAT. I had to add the iCEMATs seeing as they are circumarual. I can handle a notch down on sound quality as long as I can wear them for hours on end. The mic quality is also important to me. So it's gonna be an interesting comparison, I'll let you guys know here who gets returned. If both of these fail, I'll try USB headphones. But my 6 y.o. system bus doesn't really need the stress ;)

Cing, my cans plug into my Klipsch control center, so I don't have to worry about wrangling my sound card :)

Comment

I bought a decent pair of sony headphones before I started playing BF2 at TG. I still use those and I picked up a cheap ($10) logitech desktop mic. Thought I'd have an issue with the mic sitting on the desk in front of my keyboard...but I never have. works like a charm...If I was starting from scratch I'd probably look at a combo set. My point is that if you already have headphones you only need to spend a little bit on a mic.
                          sigpic
                          |TG-1st|Grunt
                          ARMA Admin (retired)
                          Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I did that, but even with mic gain on high everyone complains they cant hear me... dunno what the issue is, but the mics on my system have to be right in front of my mouth (both USB mic's and soundcard mics) :P

Comment

For those that love their sound cards or want the special EAX HD or X-Fi effects, a USB headset will bypass that because it has its own sound device. The benefit is you can route just TeamSpeak to the headset and game sounds to your speakers.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X