Temp question.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temp question.

How long should it take for a 7800 GTX to reach peak temps? Mine hits 76 after about 20 minuites of F.E.A.R.

The xFx tech support said it was well within operating parameters, but I'm still kinda worried.

Re: Temp question.

http://www.tacticalsites.com/~beth143/mm0310-2.zip

that is a great temp program BTW, i jus tfound it,

Don't know too much about your gfx card.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister_Penguin
      How long should it take for a 7800 GTX to reach peak temps? Mine hits 76 after about 20 minuites of F.E.A.R.

The xFx tech support said it was well within operating parameters, but I'm still kinda worried.
      76 is within the operating temps of a GPU. I think danger temp is somewhere around 90C, officially. However, the GPU's tend to have the worst stock cooling nowadays. I switched mine out for a copper HSF from Zalman and I dropped my GPU temp on my 6600GT almost 20C.
      a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
      Celibacy is not Hereditary.
      Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
      Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

I have a laptop(for 1 year), it had a 3.2ghz p4 cpu, and ATI 9700 gpu. I would like to protect my investment from damage caused by heat.
        I found this excellent program, http://www.tacticalsites.com/~beth143/mm0310-2.zip , and I monitor my Laptop with it. What would be a critical temperature for the laptop's gpu,cpu, and HDD?
        On average, I run about 26c on my cpu, when idle, 62c when using [email protected], and 55c when playing CS:S. Are these temps within the acceptable limits?

Comment

I dunno about laptop temperatures, but if their the same as regular CPU temperatures then danger/warning temp is usually about 70C. your idel and your gaming temps look normal to me, and your [email protected] temp is higher because that program uses a high percentage of your CPU 100% of the time, unlike other programs or even games, which is why it drives a higher temp than CS:S. That temp is a little high, but still acceptable, I suppose.
          a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
          Celibacy is not Hereditary.
          Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
          Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
          Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X