Are these computers decent?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are these computers decent?

I was looking for a site where i could get decent pc to play BF2 and i came across a company called monkeyware

www.monkeyware.co.uk

Could any of you check out the pc'c and see if they are decent because im not an expert on pc. I was thinking about buyin the practical gaming pc

Re: Are these computers decent?

Well, I am not to familiar with monkeyware, but I can reccomend you to a GREAT Gaming PC company. www.hypersonic-pc.com they build a variety of systems, in a variety of price ranges. Basically, all the same parts as an alienware, but less corporate branding, so less $$$.

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
      Well, I am not to familiar with monkeyware, but I can reccomend you to a GREAT Gaming PC company. www.hypersonic-pc.com they build a variety of systems, in a variety of price ranges. Basically, all the same parts as an alienware, but less corporate branding, so less $$$.
      And, unfortunately for the OP, not in the UK...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Darn, well, He should take a road trip. haha.

Comment

I wouldn't really consider that a gaming PC until it has a normal Athlon64 processor and a better video card. I'm not too impressed by them selling the system with an overclocked processor, either.
          Battlefield Admin() ()
          [volun2][medic][defense3][eng2][support]
          [sg-c1][gchq-c1][tog-c1][ma-c1][taw-c1][tg-c2]
          | for | |

Comment

^^^^^
            Listen to the man. Personally, spend a while reading up and build my own. Cheaper that way and you get to pick all the good parts, not just the stuff the builder will put in.

---

Comment

Yes, I'd be skeptical.. especially about service and whatnot down the road. You really get a better deal for less money by taking the time to pick out the peices and putting it together yourself. That way, you know exactly what you've got and the warrantys are better (at least in the US).

I respect Tomshardware.com and thier reviews. They also have some good how-to's if you haven't done it before. I think these days a novice can have a game system up and running in a few hours of labor. Nowadays, I'm down to about 30 minutes of assymbly myself.
              sigpic

Comment

Im glad i didnt buy that PC now. I just thought it would be easier to buy one opposed to building one up, sounds good though in only an hour or two. The only thing im worried about is if i get the parts that are not compatiable with each other. Anyway thanks for the advice

Comment

Originally posted by SPOOKS_UK
                  The only thing im worried about is if i get the parts that are not compatiable with each other. Anyway thanks for the advice
                  If you do solid research before building you will not have this problem. Just think of this like an exam...you have to study to get a good grade. You should research what each part of the computer does and learn how they work together. Then once you understand how your pc works you start looking into potential parts. Research what would work best for you at your budget. Also if you come across terminology you don't understand...say FSB, socket 939, PCI-Express, DDR, etc....then look it up. Once your confident in the pieces you picked out then you order.
                  |TG-12th|mantis

Comment

You can also ask questions here and we'll tell ya what ya need to know.

- -

Comment

i would build my own man its so easy. almost stupid proof if u ask me. i dunno about in the uk but where i come from (vancouver) there are countless small computer stores and they sell OEM and unlisted products that many Online retailers dont seem to have and for a cheap price. so if u have some local computers stores go check out some parts and build ur own. im sure if u have any problems ppl on the forums can help u out.

lTG- 187th MICSlSlugslinger
                      Delta MICS
                      Delta Forces Mobile Infantry & Combat Specilist

Comment

Originally posted by .143 Beth©
                        Darn, well, He should take a road trip. haha.
                        Over the Atlantic? That might be kinda tricky. ;)

Anyways, I would build my own (or should I say, 'I did build my own'). If you do it yourself you can get a much better computer for way less money. It really isn't that hard either. I put mine toghether in just a few hours of work and it was my first time. It only took that long because I read ALL the manuals, and did everything very very carefully.
                        AKA ContingencyPlan

Comment

Originally posted by millipede777
                          Over the Atlantic? That might be kinda tricky. ;)

Anyways, I would build my own (or should I say, 'I did build my own'). If you do it yourself you can get a much better computer for way less money. It really isn't that hard either. I put mine toghether in just a few hours of work and it was my first time. It only took that long because I read ALL the manuals, and did everything very very carefully.
                          Same here. I'm going to build another in a few months and i think it'll go MUCH quicker now that i know what i'm doing. A little research goes a long way when you are building it yourself though. Other than that it's pretty easy.

---

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X